Show us yer FSR's

Yes, that's a garden hose and 3 binders ;)

Works quite well, even when 3 chain rings were installed. I never lost my chain since then; and the clattering is lowered to almost nothing! You may consider that the C-Guide of Bionicon uses the same (much older) principle. All of my buddies use this construction, some with bigger hoses, other with the same.

It survived 300km and 2 bikeparks atm. And even if a binder will decide to fail, I always carry a bunch of em in my jacket.

medium_fsr-kef.jpg

Very nicely done. I wish I would've had that set up on my bike for the summer riding season at North Star ski resort. Looks more like a chain tensioner than a true chain guide. I bet it still helps alot tho to keep the chain on for fast bumpy downhill trails.

It's a tensioner and a guide. The horizontal play of the chain is reduced very much, indeed a good tool for riding roots :)

The a2z adapter is a ballache when you get a rear puncture, and they are no good when climbing up a steep hill, you press the brakes to stop, then you start rolling backwards :?

I never had any confidence in mine, replaced it with an Onza rear adapter, and also converted my rear axle into a 10mm bolt on with track nuts, i needed a 180mm axle so it would be long enough, although i have used 175mm without an issue (just preferred the extra security of 5mm :D )

It also stiffened up the back end a bit!

Converted the front end to 9.5mm bolt on axle with track nuts soon after :)

got any pics of the onza adaptor? ive heard people drill a small hole and screw a retaining a screw in to stop the bracket moving? im thinking of just leaving the v-brakes at the back and running a disc up front that should be enough i think?

S-M":2flqmmk4 said:
The a2z adapter is a ballache when you get a rear puncture, and they are no good when climbing up a steep hill, you press the brakes to stop, then you start rolling backwards :?

I never had any confidence in mine, replaced it with an Onza rear adapter, and also converted my rear axle into a 10mm bolt on with track nuts, i needed a 180mm axle so it would be long enough, although i have used 175mm without an issue (just preferred the extra security of 5mm :D )

It also stiffened up the back end a bit!

Converted the front end to 9.5mm bolt on axle with track nuts soon after :)

Yeah I noticed that right after I got it on and was trying to adjust the bakes :/ I generally just use force against the pedals to keep balance on a hill so I'll try it out and see how it does. I don't really trust vbrakes anyways. Seems weird that they would make the adapter without some way of stopping it from rotating backwards, but I guess that would be hard to make universal. Keeping my eye out for a specialized sharkfin.

Latest posts

Back