Campione - another mystery frame - help needed

mnfl

Dirt Disciple
I bought a pretty odd frame fron the UK a month ago or so and have been trying to find information about it since. All i can find in a thread here on RB about a guy having the same problem finding information about his Campione, along with an old ad from Australia.

The frame I have is a Campione TT for 24" front wheel, fillet brazed, only for rear derailleur, Suntour rear dropouts, Silva brake bridge, "GI 311 - 86" stamped under the bb shell, bb width 66 mm :shock:, frame weight 2000g with Campagnolo bb and no fork or headset, 27,2 seat post.

Is this really an italian frame? Some stuff suggests UK for me, like the absence of front mech and the odd components for the frame build.

Does anyone recognize this brand?

Campione_tt_01.jpg

c_tt_03.jpg

c_tt_02.jpg

bb_800.jpg
[/img]

I've never seen those logos, the term sample is quite common for bikes, but not with those logos, if I find something I'll let you know.
Alhoa

Campione Frame

one area to determine if it's an Italian built frame is the bottom bracket thread and width, most British frames are 68mm width with a 1.37 thread and the right hand cup a left hand screw whereas Italian frames are normally 70mm width and both cups standard right hand threading of 1.36

The bb is 1,37 so Italy can easily be dismissed. Should have though of that earlier :oops: As stated before the bb width is 66 mm, probably a custom solution to deal with the single front chainring.

The Canadian bike shop above has probably nothing to do with this frame.

I have been in contact with Hilary Stone about the frame and his suggestion point towards Belgium, "as the Belgians loved using Italian sounding names". Some researching add to that conclusion but I have no clear facts yet.

Back