DMR Trailstar - from zero to hero....

due to get my hands on a DMR trailstar (2003) i think this month.
looking to tame mine though, single speed commute/thrash bike...already got the DV wheels and some chunky Kujo's to slap on it. it's got the adjustable brake mounts and vertical dropouts.
my neglected maguras will be making their come back on the frame :) looking forward to having some OTB stopping power back at my finger tips :)

will also be looking at a repaint at some point once i've built it up and decided if i like it.
Where do you get your paint jobs done Rob?

Chain tugs - the DMR ones I'm going to use sit on the outside of the dropouts so won't really help as its the wheel axle that has chewed the dropouts. It if gonna spend money on a respray I may as well make it perfect before the paint is applied!

Paint? Either use Triple S powder coating in Bingley (very good quality) or Castleford Powder coating, who have been recommended to me as they have a wider colour choice.

I've got some limited edition DMR v12 pedals with gold plated studs and end caps if your want some pedals.

Doug

lovely, just checked out their website.
i think i'll be going for a straight gloss black finish for my DMR. need to get hold of some red decals - want to go for this look:

DMR-Trailstar-Photo-01-small.jpg

Did a bit of filing on the dropouts. Popped a rear wheel in and it'll sit forwards of the damaged areas. After the filing it looked a lot better.

Eventually got the DMR Wonder Cups out without damage.

null_zps41a48564.jpg

New stainless bolts on these and they'll look great. Look better in real life than the pic to be fair.

Forgot to mention I got a 32t DMR Ring Thing today too from JE James. NOS with a few marks from sitting in a bargain bin for 10 years no doubt. :rollseyes: Just need a chainset to suit!

null_zpse0d85a2b.jpg

Looking forward to seeing this develop Rob.
Good to see a very early one and I'm glad that you are spending a bit of time and effort on a thorough restoration.

I have a 2005 Trailstar2 amongst my fleet. Recently built it back up as an 8 speed after a few years in pieces.
I really like the way they handle. Great fun bikes to hack about on and I've even been seen practising at the local pump track too.

Thanks Paul!

Going to be build 2x8sp, hopefully with period Bombers but they seem to thin on the ground at the moment (and will have to be in correct colour!)

Spent this evening sorting dropouts. I didn't like how they were looking quite crude with globby welds. The flat plates had sharp edges and corners.

This is the best side! Forgot to take pics of the RHS which was worse.

null_zps8864719d.jpg

null_zps9f6b97fd.jpg

Bit of dremel action later...
(Only half done)
null_zpsaeeff635.jpg

Hopefully should look a lot neater when painted now!

Back