"Cycle Rage" - A surreal moment indeed.

SNAKEBITER

Devout Dirtbag
For the first time ever in my 15+ years of commuting I encountered cycle rage!

I was approaching a roundabout doing between 10 & 15 mph, from my right came a road cyclist in all his gear. I saw him, I gave him the right of way and came out of the junction.
At no point did I come closer that 50ft from him.

As he comes in front of me he is REALLY shouting at me for cutting him up, and I mean really spouting off.
I close the gap between us and begin to come level to over take him.
Off he goes again, really shouting and calling me all the names under the sun!

I was gob smacked.

Never have I encountered anything like that in the tens of thousands of miles I have cycled.

You should have seen the look on his face as I pushed him onto the grass verge, I don't think he was used to clipless pedals ;)

thats funny, what a pillock, I don't think I would've been able to stop at pushing him over, I would have inserted his bike up his arse! :LOL:

It wasn't big and it wasn't clever but it was funny.

The clattering as he went over the gravel strip and onto the grass was a corker. He was all over the shop and I thought he might have gone right over so I did stop and check but he had stayed on and came past me still spouting off!

Although to be fair this time he did have a point!

SNAKEBITER":2imcmymt said:
The clattering as he went over the gravel strip and onto the grass was a corker. He was all over the shop and I thought he might have gone right over so I did stop and check but he had stayed on and came past me still spouting off!

so you pushed him again just for good measure? :LOL: :D

oooh I feel a nice thread coming on here.

I remember back in the day when I used to manage Bonthrones in Fulham (before they went all stupid and got taken for loads of cash!), cycling home from work to Twickenham over Chiswick Bridge. For anyone who knows, it is 2 lanes in each direction. I of course was in the inside lane, and had just passed through the set of traffic lights just before you get on the bridge. Anyway, this car passes me, so close that his wing mirror hits my bar end, which causes me to swerve left, thus catching my pedal on the (very high) kerb. Obviously I end up in a heap on the pavement.

Looking up I see that the car had to have been the last one through the lights, and with no other car close to him there was no need for him to be that close.

'right you b*****d'

Bike up, clipped in I went after him.

There is another set of lights about half a mile down the road. This being rush hour means that from that point on the traffic is solid, so a bike has certain advantages.

Approaching the queue of cars I see that the knob end is still in the left lane and the closer I get I can see the reason he it me - mobile phone clamped to his ear.

Anyone remember the 'Stick Lock'? Basically a lock that was a triangle when open, but folded into a 12" long, 1" diameter metal stick when closed. Pulling it from the straps on the frame, I raise my arm and twat his nearside wing mirror on my way past.

Fortune sometimes favours the brave, because as he is getting out of his car (calling me all the names under the sun) the lights are changing to green and I am gone...........

Back