My Pacific Reach

seadragonpisces

Old School Hero
This is a non-folder version, I guess you could call it a MiniVelo. It came as a frameset, Ltd Edition Scandium frame of 100.

It wont be to too many peoples taste, as is most of the stuff I enjoy but I love it :).

Here is most of the spec. I will post some pics in a few days after my new seatpost, seat clamp, pedals and grips arrive (mentioned in the list below).

SRAM Red (black) chainset 53/39
SRAM 2x10 Double tap flat bar shifters
SRAM XO rear mech
SRAM Force front mech
SRAM PG 1070 cassette
Avid Speed Dial Ultimate brake levers
Tektro R559 brake calipers
Kinetix Pro Red 20'' wheelset
Thomson Masterpiece 31.6 x 350 layback seatpost
KCNC Scandium 8% flat bar
Thomson Elite stem
Schwalbe Durano tyres
Brooks Team Pro Vans saddle
Hope F20 flat pedals
KCNC SC13 Twin seat clamp
Selle Royal Mano (Athletic) grips.

Well I did say I would post in a couple of days once my new parts arrive. Dont want to post pics of something incomplete

Thanks for clearing up the textspeak for me

So I dont cause any bad feeling I will post a pic tonight and more after I receive and fit the new parts.

A recent pic.

Will post more pics when I get the new layback seatpost, grips and pedals fitted. The Hope F20 flat pedals in gunsmoke got delivered today and look amazing

024_zpsf222ec1b.jpg

Should have read more but I wanted pics :LOL:

That's pretty cool looking. What would you be using that for?

gavinda":1su4wkla said:
Should have read more but I wanted pics :LOL:

That's pretty cool looking. What would you be using that for?

Yes sorry, I wanted to put on some pics asap, I guess I should have waited until I had the new parts before I put on my first post but I couldn’t resist :)

I took some pics last night but the camera is awful and the flash doesn’t do the bike any justice, so I will take some more over the weekend during the day and post them.

The bike can be used just like any road bike and can be used for commuting/touring. I guess the main benefits are that as well as being light, it is easy to disassemble and pack away into a car etc etc. The small wheels are great for acceleration from a start so great for commuting. For me it is purely recreational, to use on weekends and if I feel more motivated then maybe the odd commute to work. I also sold a couple of bikes recently, so wanted to put the funds towards a bike that was a bit different and also try to get it built up with a relatively decent spec and to make it look good as well as be functional but also make it really light. It is 9.2kg, so not too bad I think

Back