Yamaha XS 650 technical help.

garnerdawson

Retro Newbie
Hi is there anyone here riding this bike Yamaha XS 650 even know can you please support me for an technical issue,
My bike is having a starting problem, and i can notice that there is a oil leak from the engine too while driving the bike.

Lots of riders have motorbikes too.

There is really not nearly enough information in the original post to even start guessing. Starting problems could be anything from a blocked carb jet to a serious engine fault. Same with the oil leak, a slight weep from the cam cover is different from an arterial spray from the crank cases.

More information please.

I have to think that either your having a jolly or you have genuinely mistaken bicycles for motorbikes

assuming the latter... If you type into your search engine xs owners forum ... You will see a number of sites that should be more specific to your bike

The oil leak.. Almost likely to be a failed gasket... Trace the oil staining backwards until the surface is clean and I'd bet it's a head or right side gasket fail

Starting... If it's not been run a while I would check battery condition , also fuel condition to see if it's turned to jelly in which case remove the fuel and flush through clean new fuel and of course clean/ replace the plugs

I'd start with those three first

NeilM":366vwavg said:
Lots of riders have motorbikes too.

Should be posted in the off topic. But it could anther full susser missing it's engine :LOL:

Back