1999/2000 Campagnolo Athena/Veloce 9/10/11 speed hubset,SOLD

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have a Campagnolo Veloce 9 speed hubset for sale. After giving them a quick clean, I realised that the front is actually marked as Athena, although I think that Athena and Veloce were essentially the same. Both 36 hole. The rear will take a 9/10/11 speed cassette. Bearings still super smooth. QR levers included. 60 GBP posted to the UK/europe SOLD

Thanks, Andy

1. Chainset. 172.5mm. 52/39 9 speed rings. no heel rub at all, but the logos aren't perfect and there's a light scratch (can hardly be seen) on the driveside crank arm. SOLD

2. brake calipers. All parts included (the brake pads are the originals, still with lots of life left). There is small bit of rust on some of the brake bad bolts, but nothing major. And I just noticed that one of the cable adjusters isn't original. SOLD

3. 9 speed ergo levers. Really very very good condition - the hoods are perfect, no tears, scuffs, or signs of use. DT cable stops and new gear cables included. working perfectly. SOLD

4. Rear mech. There's a small scratch on the front which has also touched one of the limit screws, but it's not large and doesn't cause a problem really. SOLD

5. Front mech. Braze on. Pretty much perfect really! SOLD

6. Cassette. 9 speed 13-23 (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 23). very very little use. SOLD

7. 9 speed chain. again, very little use. I'll clean it before posting! SOLD

chainset, mechs, ergos, brakes, cassette and chain all sold for 220 GBP posted.

Hi Andy, I'm potentially interested in taking all the bits except the hubs, however just wanted to check something - will this 9-speed campag cassette fit onto a 10-speed hub? As far as I know it should but was not sure as you mentioned it was pre 2001...

I'm 99% certain it will, but I'll go and check and get back to you soon.

As far as I know, the only difference between pre and post 2001 9 speed is the amount of cable pulled by the levers, so the only compatibility problems are interchanging ergos and mechs. The cassettes are all the same, and each type of mech moves the same amount for each click, it's just that a different amount cable is pulled by the lever for each click. I think that makes sense!

Andy

I've just been down to play around with cassettes and hubs, and yes, this 9 speed cassette fits perfectly on both a campag record 10s hub and a campag neutron 10s wheel. Similarly, a 10s cassette fits the veloce 9 speed hub with no problem at all.

Andy

foz":1bnfe8t5 said:
I've just been down to play around with cassettes and hubs, and yes, this 9 speed cassette fits perfectly on both a campag record 10s hub and a campag neutron 10s wheel. Similarly, a 10s cassette fits the veloce 9 speed hub with no problem at all.

Andy

Excellent, I'll send you a PM.

Hi Im very interested in the pair of hubs if they are still available? They are to go with my 9speed daytona groupset, Im not too knowledgeable on the subject are they compatible? If so I'lll take them

Hi Im very interested in the pair of hubs if they are still available? They are to go with my 9speed daytona groupset, Im not too knowledgeable on the subject are they compatible? If so I'lll take them

Back