STI STYLE LEVERS-any brand/model/condition.Fight deck a plus

Fightdeck?

first rule of fightdeck...........there is no fight deck ;) :LOL:

My apologies, I knew what you meant but just couldn't help myself :)
All the best

Jamie

Right different tactic. I'm looking at Campag levers now. I can live with this, I'll take the opportunity to just do something completely unfamiliar why not. NO messing with my back wheel then, I can just whack a new cassette on it.

Will get flight decks or better when I do my 'ultimate' build when I have more money.

CARBON ALL THE THINGS except the frame. Like the lunatic I am.

...but anyone offering levers still let me know just in case, I am changing my mind every 5 min here...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Shimano STI's do work with MTB front and rear mechs.
I've been running this setup for a little over a year with no issues at all.
2012_Bsterd.jpg

Tiagra 3x9 shifters, XTR rear mech, LX front mech, SRAM cassette/chain.

Nice! I'm flexible though as I'm only using the frame from the mountain bike; so I can go for road bike stuff. Only issue is the possibly-campag wheen vs. the shimano based setup I was planning...but these plans may change!

I am watching that one on ebay, would be perfect but chances are it'll surely go well out of my range :(

I never used the flight deck bit,but the reviews generally say it's a bit of a crock.

The STI bit's good,I'd have them on my aero bars,but they don't fit.

DMZ":2javk5jj said:
Nice! I'm flexible though as I'm only using the frame from the mountain bike; so I can go for road bike stuff. Only issue is the possibly-campag wheen vs. the shimano based setup I was planning...but these plans may change!

I am watching that one on ebay, would be perfect but chances are it'll surely go well out of my range :(

Remember if you're putting a road chainset on an MTB frame then you'll need a front mech that can sweep out quite far (as larger road chainrings need a long BB axle length to clear the MTB frame), thus you might end up having to use an MTB front mech or at a push a triple road front mech.

Will the largest chainring on my road cranks (2 chainrings, 52/39 shimano tiagra cranks) sit further inboard than the existing (MTB) when fitted? If not it's well clear. My frame is quite narrow at the rear.

If it is going to sit more inboard would be good to know before I get a mech I won't be able to use...!

BTW I've seen that pic before, you've replied to my threads in the past, nice work! I'll be posting up pics of my creature when its in progress...

Back