Overgold/Too tarty?

One gold hope headset ordered. Photo in a week or thereabouts. I actually have not taken any photographs since trimming the steerer or flipping the negative rise carnegies around to positive rise to be fair. So I shall also update my readers wives 98+ thread.

I did draw the line at a set of hope gold spacers though...

mike_eb":1etagzxv said:
unkleGsif":1etagzxv said:
Ahem..... ;)
G

So I see that is the Gold King, but your hubs seem to be black. Is that a hope seatpost clamp.

Yep, Gold King and Hope seat Clamp. Not a perfect match when close, but when fitted, it would take a real pedant to notice (having said that, I AM a pedant, and the golds dont bother me)

Hubs are XTR's, and have run them on the various incarnations of this bike since 1998, and sit with the full groupset, so no gold hubs for me

I am going to fit some gold end-caps to the bars however, and fit the gold King top cap.... also new forks will be black with gold graphics, and just a small flash of silver

G

My modern (well 2006) P7 has gold a Hope headset, bottom bracket and seatpost clamp.
Looks great with the black frame.

I have toyed with adding gold brake lever blades and perhaps getting some gold Hope hubs and QRs to replace the black ones.
But then where next? Gold bolts, stem, post, decals...?

Perhaps too much.

You could end up with this kind of thing...

gt-golden-zaskar.jpg

drystonepaul":2dagyx19 said:
But then where next? Gold bolts, stem, post, decals...?

Perhaps too much.

I know what you mean.
I just found myself pressing GO on a set of Hope Grip Doctors. I did have in mind to paint the clamp area of my carbon bar ends gold, but decided to do the, black and just use these instead (neded something there anyway, ans the bars are open at the ends)

I guess the advantage I have is that the bike is done in a specific theme, the JPS Lotus's, so to go too mad with the gold detailing would be detrimental, so I have to hold myself back (I've so far talked myself out of gold hope skewers, gold bar tape, gold cable outers, gold spoke nipples, gold chainring and crank bolts... etc etc)

I hoping to get the chainrings anodized black soon

G

Not a big fan of gold on any bike but my next bike will have blue Hope hubs, seat clamp, spacers or headset (defo not both) and brake tart touches. I don't think that'll be too much so yours shouldn't either...... if you like gold...... which I don't......

I went gold on mine because of the valve cover on the RC41 fork.... and the blue highlights because of the rebound adjuster.

Gold SRAM rear mech is probably as far as I want to go on this though....

ODI Attack Grips are black (and I won't use owt else) and plugs need to stay homegenous.

Gold or blue upgrades on silver levers and calipers would be just too much. And I'm not buying Stealth units just for that.

BB is a red Pace unit to go with the red contrast on the rear shock.

If the shocks didn't have ano hardware I'd have just gone black or silver and been boring.

Back