Kona Fan
Feedback
View
As I see it there are 4 options:

Microshift
IRD
Durace barend shifters on mounts
Sram barend shifters on mounts

Anyone had a chance to compare them all?

Are Sram shifters Sram mech specific?

Ta. :D

Not compared them all, but I've just started using one of the SJS 9 speed Dura-ace jobbies, and it's fantastic!

My_Teenage_Self":2bgvrzhw said:
As I see it there are 4 options:

Are Sram shifters Sram mech specific?

Ta. :D

I couldn't get the SRAM to work with X0 rear mech. Had to go roadie.
Perhaps me?

According to the CTC mag the other week, SRAM MTB and road is completely compatible. Not tried it myself though.

hamster":on3nm13g said:
According to the CTC mag the other week, SRAM MTB and road is completely compatible. Not tried it myself though.

That's what i understood till i tried it. Could be my tech skills are wanting :LOL:

Why not use old XC Pro's and modify/make the indexing plate for whatever indexing you need.

The small diameter means they're a short shift, else possibly do somthign similar with the Shimano type.

I'm going to try the microshift 9s thumbies soon - I'm just trying to find funds before ordering them. 110 USD posted from taiwan, so a fair bit cheaper than the dura-ace and pauls or SJS mount option. The new model has a friction option too, in case things go wrong (the old ones were index only). I'll report back when I get them, but it might be a while until I get them installed and working!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
FluffyChicken":y93e7geg said:
Why not use old XC Pro's and modify/make the indexing plate for whatever indexing you need.

The small diameter means they're a short shift, else possibly do somthign similar with the Shimano type.

Aye, I remember seeing a breakdown pic on here of the XC pros - I have a set and love them to bits, so I may have to find a second pair to try out...

Makster, They're in my watch list, but I don't have the funds just yet!

Back