Overgold/Too tarty?

mike_eb

Retro Guru
I am looking to get a hope headset for my D-jab. It currently has gold hope hubs.

What are peoples thoughts on also going with gold for the hope headset, is this too much?

The other options are black or silver, but I am pretty sure the silver will not match the Ti frame. The seat post and stem are black.

I'm personally not a fan of coloured seatposts and stems, bars can look ok but stuff like headsets, QRs and hubs can look really sweet. Slippery slope...

Aesthetically it's about balance I think, getting a little bit of your blingy colour choice in every 'corner' of the bike (ie QRs, seatpost clamp and headset, maybe chainring bolts). I'm glad you're talking about contrasting the frame, far too many people on here try to match the frame :x :LOL:

There are programs online that let you change component colours so you don't buy the wrong thing, an easy and very quick one is (ok it's for a BMX):
http://roadhouse.s3.amazonaws.com/Stric ... ver10.html

This thread needs pics though :!:

Thanks GT-Steve I remembered that Airborne but could not find it earlier, currently leaning towards a gold hope but the stem will definitely stay black. The wheel build also has gold nipples but they're not too noticeable.

I did briefly consider a gold king but I am pretty sure that it would be a different shade of gold and that would just get on my tits!

Ahem..... ;)
2b7c2fd4.jpg

G

It's all down to taste, innit....

270291_232571580111073_6454212_n.jpg

279749_10151383689563082_626390351_o.jpg

Even the top race cover on the headset is gold..... And it just got gold hope jockeys this week.

But it did need the blue highlights to sort of work... And it is deliberately OTT - it's also the shop Hope demo bike.

cyfa2809":fyn23vp4 said:
Oooo the jockeys are out??

Yes - last week.

Not nicer than anyone elses jockeys really.... But they do say "Hope" on them..... 8D.

Problem is I have now realised I need a nugget gold XO rear mech... Bolox.

Back