removing SRAM BB cups

02gf74

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Bottom bracket is BB30 and I need to replace the bearings in the BB cups, failing that replace the BB cups.

The chainset is SRAM XX and despite googling, I have not been able to find a set of BB cups like the ones fitted, closest ones being these, but mine are more tapered at the ends:

Am I correct in saying that the cups are pressed in, no circlips or anything else involved - so what is best way to remove them?

Place a metal bar against the inside of the race and tap out with a hammer? Not sure that a puller would work as this would need to rest on the carbon BB.

17589_i_1.jpg

Got a picture?
There is specific tool for it which is essentially a headset removal tool, which is what we used to use.
The ones we used to coem across a lot had a circlip behind the bearing.

Will get photos up but I think I know the answer. These cups spin so that would imply they are adapters that fit into the bearing race so these ought to be drifted out followed by a second drifting out of the bearings themselves.

a photo - it says something like focustech on the adapter - hopefully somebody will recognise it and confirm ^^^^.

Attachments

• adapter.jpg
    adapter.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 194
what is normal these days?

cranks are Sram XX GXP format (same diameter as shimano hollowtech II drive side but annoying slightly smaller on non drive side).

Yeah thats what i meant, standard hollowtech rather than 30mm axle.
KCNC do one of these which screws apart. Guess it is an adapter if thats the case.
Yours may just be like a reducer that are stuck in by rubber seals?

Back