Rear bike lights

lumos2000":w4kug0dd said:
http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/pdw-portland-design-works---danger-zone-rear-light-mental-1912-p.asp

I like the look of that one.

I use my LBS and just get the brightest flashing light they have at the time. I've got a couple which are like one half of the Portland design light, and they seem to keep drivers at bay.

I also make a point of positioning the light so that a car close behind will not be able to miss it, so clamped onto the seat post, rather than tucked up under the saddle.

DA-EVO":1kf4bwxv said:
twain":1kf4bwxv said:
....anyone used the one with laser guides before?

After discussing this at work today, my colleague just informed me he had 'laser w**ker' shouted at him recently!

So they DO work ;)

is he sure it wasn't "lazy w*nker"?

I have the same issue with back lights, they are all generally crap, and that's where you need the most protection i think. I bought one of these recently, they are a bit expensive, but so is a decent funeral!

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/fibre-flare-ult ... ight-pair/

They are really bright (no freckin laser beams) and can be seen from all angles. I recommend these. I use them all the time on my road bike, and they don't get in the way.

I've got the laser jobbies,they've got lasers,what's not to like.

They need better casings,the angle is a bit narrow and they'll leak in the rain.

Bit of silicon sealant or araldite or something and they'll be great.

got one of the laser ones and as mentioned above the mounting bracket is reaaalllllyyyyyy rubbish, so bad that it broke within 5 mins of fitting...and no alcohol consumption to blame either :LOL:

I always loved lights, and been messing with them since I started riding really.

I've been using the Smart E-line 3-led ones for nearly a decade now (in various names, they used to be called "Basta" lights BITD), and their white equivalents at the front.
Still can't fault them. The mounts are decent, the lights always work and battery life is good.
On my modern I've even put a transparent cover on the taillight (for aesthetical reasons) and it's still proper red.

P7250011m.jpg

P7250013m.jpg

I still have my old set of Smart E-line fronts that had transparent blue paint on the inside of the covers.
Whenever I put those on flashing mode, people really noticed. Ah, the good old days ... :twisted:

Raging_Dale_M.jpg

Back