When Sir Chris Hoy met Danny MacAaskill

Would i rather be able to do what Danny does or what Chris does?
No contest really, riding round in circles looks a bit boring :D

Re: .

Grannygrinder":3txu8k6m said:

but one is a " sir" with a stack of olympic golds, and i would guess a rather healthy bank balance. the other a circus clown :D

matthew71":1rg4otp7 said:
Grannygrinder":1rg4otp7 said:

but one is a " sir" with a stack of olympic golds, and i would guess a rather healthy bank balance. the other a circus clown :D

Hmmm both men have put in an immense amount of dedication to get to where they are, clowns have to train just as hard as ringmasters, probably more so.
It always worries me when money, tiltles and awards are used as a measure of sucess. a lot of the time it just means you've been the bigger bastard. (Not in Mr Hoys case though just saying) ;)

B77":9kfqmui8 said:
It always worries me when money, tiltles and awards are used as a measure of sucess. a lot of the time it just means you've been the bigger bastard. (Not in Mr Hoys case though just saying) ;)

Very true, especially given certain high-profile sports stories of late. Although the way things seem to be going, as well as losing those titles, Mr. Armstrong may end up being rather light on cash, too....

David

I'll be honest - i'd be right pleased if i had half of either's skill an talent but.... id be well pleased really if i could do a tenth of the stuff Danny wins for me.

B77 wrote:
It always worries me when money, tiltles and awards are used as a measure of sucess. a lot of the time it just means you've been the bigger bastard. (Not in Mr Hoys case though just saying)

I don't think any of these 2 guys got where they are by being bastards, Danny trained hard and got noticed via a non competitive route, worked in a bike shop, rode for a display team then got his flatmate to shoot the video that propelled him to fame. A lot of his success is also due to his flatmates skills on the camera too, but danny's skill is down to years of hard work and dedication.

Chris took a more traditional approach with competition being his driving force - I think the opportunity there for being a bastard would be greater but as you say he's not like that.

It's all bikes innit?

It is a shame that the more "traditional" avenues tend to attract the greater financial and social awards but hey ho that's life I guess.

On a personnal note I'm not fussed what anyone rides, it's the fact they ride that makes me happy.

Back