Show us yer FSR's

S-M":36v6kmli said:
My 98 FSR comp was a medium and it always felt like i was going to go over the bars a bit too easy (im 6 foot+)

Changed to a large frame and it felt a lot more sturdy.

**** NICE find though, that is begging for a tidy up.

I used to say the only thing i would swap my 98 GC for was an Elite Max backbone (which i got) that frame you have but the one with the large blowhole through it is the only thing i would get rid of the elite for :D
im 5 8 and speccy size m is perfect for me

but i like seat high top tube low stand over

Well it's almost complete and rideable at least. I need to change the headset for something with a bit more reach and get some different pedals

However the main issue is with the Bottom bracket: the North Shores need an isis BB and I has sourced a nice FSA Pro 118mm but it is way too long - the front mech won't go out that far. As far as I can see a 113mm isn't really going to be short enough. I think I need a 108mm - and they are like rocking horse poo in 72mm size. Any ideas please?

DSCN0365_zps20d40a01.jpg

DSCN0362_zps229b0f84.jpg

I use a stronglight BB, don't know the length though. I think it was 113 with a RaceFace Turbine from 1991.

When I first saw the FSR in the 90's I always promised myself on and I've finally put one together with the help of a few buys from a couple of fellas on here, the spares I have laying around and the odd new bit.

It's nothing special and the major parts are original spec. It's likely to stay that way as I've bought another frame with the disc brake attachment to build up to the spec I want :D

Any way here's a pic of the build as is

2ln7gaa.jpg

Hey guys, just picked this up for a hell of a steal, $35! Couldn't pass it up. It's my first full suspension bike and first project bike.

Here's what it looked like when I picked it up:

8090465442_d960d3c128_b.jpg

Stripped it down to the frame and cleaned everything except the joint bearings and rear shock. Repacked the head bearings and swapped over some parts from my hardtail. Here's how it sits as of last night:

8116575809_39f40a4d39_b.jpg

Just ordered an a2z disc adapter and it should be in this week. Planning on painting it over the winter and adding some time appropriate decals.

The rear shock does seem a little stiff. This being my first full suspension I'm not sure if that's how coils are or if it needs cleaning or what. Any suggestions? Also, do you guys happen to know the size specs for the rear shock? If I keep it long enough I was thinking of finding something like a fox float.

Here's the bike I swapped the parts from, not much but it was my first bike:

7945261156_99f4f9afc5_b.jpg

Grugru":27dxbs87 said:
Latest update: 2x8, chain guide.

large_fsr.jpg

How well does this chain guide work for you? I do a lot of downhill riding and bounce my chain off a bit too often. Is that a garden house?

Back