U-Brake PLEASE HELP!

Racin'snake

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Please help.... I got this Cannondale a few months ago and it came with the Exage U-brake in the pic, no bolts though. Do I need special bolts to fit to the odd bosses on the frame? I just can't see how the internal spring will work with a normal bolt. Am I being retarded? :oops:

Attachments

• rsz_photo1349.jpg
    rsz_photo1349.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 1,074
  • rsz_photo1348.jpg
    rsz_photo1348.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,074
  • rsz_photo1347.jpg
    rsz_photo1347.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,074
legrandefromage":355zsj7m said:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/Manufacturer+Archive/Shimano+Archive/Service+Manuals/BR-MT63+BR-MT62+BL-MT63.JPG.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

thanks for that but the exage one I have has different internals so no joy :(

it will give you an idea of how they work. The tension is internal so no external hole for the spring is required, like a few cantilever brakes.

In fact, I believe the internals are the same.

Heres a view under those plastic caps (ignore that odd shaped eccentric cam washer - thats to locate the integral booster on higher models)

birichino6653nature-img600x450-1347466446g9ukca50137.jpg

I now understand how the internal spring works what I don't get is when I bolt it all on to the bosses using a normal M6 bolt, the bolt just binds the brake on??? I would have thrown the lousy piece of shit on the fire before now if I could use cantis but the bosses on the frame have no holes for the spring.....aaaaaaaarrrrrggggghhh :evil:

Back