My obsession with cranksets

I'll weigh them when I get home but pretty damn light....that's why a lot of them broke :LOL:

Hi Maxipedia, you seem to use your cranks. This is what they are intended for! Cool.
This year I´m not that good in using my cranks. Just rode about 10,000 km all bike combined til now. Should be 2-3000 more in a normal one.

One correction for your article if you don´t mind. There are no L&M crank and Morati cranks visible in this picture. You bet that they are lying here, too but not in this picture (maybe in another one, someday).

P.S. You will get a better resolution of the crank picture if you click it two times in my gallery.

Maxipedia":2vsxlhn8 said:
Heya, friends! I have been less active during summer, as the racing season was full on and there were events every weekend.

I have written this article in Romanian for our website. It's about my little collection of cranks and the starting point was obviously this thread, so I think it can't harm anybody if I paste the link over here.

http://www.dirtbike.ro/mag/the-personal ... e-ratacite

Hope it doesn't bother you! I will come back with details about what I have acquired and built in the last couple of months.

Thanks,
Mx

Hey, Deralex!

Thanks for replying! Indeed I use my cranks, but somehow I feel it's never enough and somehow I end up riding like a hungry man towards the end of the season. No worries, though, last year the 10th of December was a dry day and we rode it out. I don't know what my numbers are in riding terms, but, frankly, it's never about quantity, but quality. I am curious about distances, though, so I must learn how to install a bike computer. I ride pretty much all DH races we have over here, then do quite a good share of all around riding (all mountain, enduro, call it what you will) and some pumptrack at the local spot. What I do miss is riding nightly street, so if it gets dry again, I will take the X.0 off the small DJ bike and look for some street spots. Ok, let's finish this riding rant!

Indeed, I made a wrong assumption concerning the L&M and Morati cranks, but please keep in mind that I wrote this article while pretty exausted at night, after some basketball game. But it's not the end of the world, now, is it? :)

I am not very familiar with forums, so I didn't know how to get a better resolution of your picture. Thanks for pointing that out for me!

I come back with my question regarding the 3G cranks that I posted before. Do you know anything about those. They are a bit of a weird beard...

Thanks again!
Mx

I just added this to my collection. I know this is a road crank. However, I think you would enjoy a rare example of a nos road I-beam.

Attachments

• 1352066745424.jpg
    1352066745424.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,591
a few of mine,
IMAG0385.jpg

IMAG1946.jpg

IMAG0915-1.jpg

IMAG1028.jpg

IMAG1662.jpg

Okay, so here it goes!

It's amazing how things work these days and by means of communication and its never-to-underestimate power. A few weeks ago I was wondering about a rare DH fork and I got a response from one of the designers himself. Last week, this...

So, long story short, after the cranks article on our local website (inspired by this thread), I got a message from a fellow mountainbiker from another Romanian town. He said that he has some collectible cranks that I might me interested in. He listed them to me and I was blown away. They were in perfect to very acceptable condition, but no way I could afford them and constantly buying cranksets isn't exactly my top priority. So I was reluctant and told him that I would feel burdened by that kind of value simply given to me. We evaluated the stuff via e-mail and I told him to rather let it be and maybe just send me an XTR M950 compatible spider that I was looking after since quite a while. He wrote again and said something like "Hey, I got this packed already, so I will just send it to you. You just pay the shipping. We'll hang out sometime and you'll pay for the beer and we'll see." The no-pressure kinda thing. But the burden - still there. Anyway, last week this package appeared and it took me a few hours to decide to open it. Fear? Maybe.

This is what we are talking about:

DSC_8334.JPG

DSC_8335.JPG

DSC_8336.JPG

DSC_8337.JPG

DSC_8338.JPG

DSC_8339.JPG

DSC_8340.JPG

I have no idea what to do with the Next LPs that are as good as new, or the Turbine LPs with damaged ISIS (I was told), or the 3rd set of M900 XTR (a year ago I would never thought I'd have one complete pair), but for the moment they'll remain boxed, just in case the man wants his stuff back, who knows.

So, dear Retrobike users, this little world of hours contains once too often stuff dreams are made of and I don't want to add anything else to that. Except "what goes around comes around" and that I do my share of donations and gifts, meaning bicycles and componentry, mostly to kids.

Thanks for your patience once again!
Mx

PeEs: The Sugino Maxy cranks have a different source, but they were also a gift. I thought they'd fit well with this thread.

Back