Banksy, Murals, Graffiti, Bollards, Stairwells. 07/12

Trebz

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Trebz and Nige go Urban in Hull.

Start point, Willerby Square, down Kingston Road, Spring Bank to old town.

Over the A63 to the river bank and a pint at 'Green Bricks'.

Swiftly followed by fish and chips at the legendary Bob Carvers.

Then over to the river bank again, over the walk way where the old dock fish houses sit.

Then home via Gypsyville, Peter Pan park, Anlaby Common and Kirkella.

Brilliant ride taking in our old stomping ground.

IMAG0390.jpg

IMAG0391.jpg

IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0393.jpg

IMAG0395.jpg

IMAG0396.jpg

IMAG0398.jpg

IMAG0399.jpg

IMAG0401.jpg

IMAG0402.jpg

IMAG0403.jpg

IMAG0404.jpg

IMAG0405.jpg

IMAG0406.jpg

IMAG0407.jpg

IMAG0408.jpg

IMAG0409.jpg

NICE ONE!

thinking back, there is loads of interesting stuff in old town hull, near the river. behind the road with 'king william' statue, near the court house you could walk down past a really old irish pub then, to a public park thing with a fish pond. cobbled streets and ancient buildings, good stuff. all i just mentioned back onto that timber walkway. you can see right along to the 'deep' and the rotating bridge. always seemed to be a bright sunrise too.

cheers.

And I was at bloody work today. School on a Saturday, mindless...

Ah yes the public footpath over a building
(from mine and Chris's a fortnight ago)

P1070013.JPG

P1070007.JPG

Starting from
P1060977.JPG

via the top pics
and with the obligatory grafitti pic
P1070003.JPG

looking back at the final point
P1070018.JPG

Ours is To Be Continued... from this point
P1070017.JPG

Peter Pan Cafe in Costello/PeterPan Park is where the Ladies&Kids Sky ride runs from.

Hull's marvellous, it's exactly like nowhere else. It feels more like a city-state than somewhere in Britain, I think it's the combination of white telephone boxes, policemen in spiked helmets and the clock on the guildhall that chimes a carillon rather than just ordinary bells. When I bought my house my solicitor was in an office in "Land of green ginger street". You can't beat a pint in Ye Olde Black Boy or the Minverva either.

Looked a good little mooch, completely different today though as i have just been out with my dad and done a very similar route!

Thick fog down the front today as you can see here...

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

F158FF0F-0FC7-4003-920C-2A0D3DBE8C5A-318-00000037B539AFA8.jpg

B2E96E0C-42EE-4AFE-9361-452400396A88-318-0000003780B24BB9.jpg

Some great pics at least the bikes stayed clean, all I seem to do is spend hours cleaning bikes, could do with a few rides like this over the winter
:D

Ben and I were discussing winter rides yesterday and thought we would pop the Hull to Hornsea rail trail in as a ride one month over the winter.

Witham Fisheries was my fav chippy in Hull,after many many Tizer's at Spiders on Clevland Street on a Saturday night,or maybe after a drink in Cask bar,Dram shop,Trog bar,Rugby tavern, St Georges(Irish bar now?)Manchester arms(gone too)Queens(gone too)and then into KU2/Ceaser's palace(gone too).

Happy days. ;)

Most of those names were a bit before my time, heard great things about Trog Bar from older mates. LA's and Waterfront (before the renovation) where my regular haunts.

Back