Who here can do a wheelie....???

I can wheelie for miles, i love messing about on my caldera and wheelieing everywhere like a little kid, my party trick back when i were a teen, used to be to disconnect my front V, pull the skewer out and get a mate to grab the wheel as it comes away, then ride merrily about with no front wheel :cool:

I had to laugh the last time i was at Dalby with a mate, got a puncture on the front coming back to the car park, so up on the back wheel i went, sod walking, if i wanted to walk id be a rambler :LOL:

And im 31 and dont regard myself as a charver in any way shape or form!

DSC_0120_02.jpg

DSC_0121_02.jpg

DSC_0122_03.jpg

As long as its got a decent rear brake, i can wheelie it!

Im a massive child at heart and you can beat cracking out on a ride with a massive wheelie up the street :cool:

gtRTSdh":3vf062rl said:
I hate him too if it makes you feel any better.

He broke his neck a few years earlier riding down a chute a couple of hundred yards from where the pic was taken. We stopped at it on that ride.

"Go look over the edge. That's where I broke my neck. Right by the tree at the bottom."

"HOLY CRAP! YOU RODE THAT?"

"LOL. Tried to."

"How long did it take till they could get back to here to get you out?"

"Er, I rode to the hospital" (4 miles away).

"You rode to North York General from here? Seriously?"

"Ya. I knew once I got there I wasn't going to be getting out any time soon, so I stopped at the Quickie Mart on the way and grabbed a fresh pack of smokes."

I just shook my head.

Ive had a similar experience years back, we were at a disused quarry, me and a few mates trying to ride some of the jumps and steep hills, when a guy on an alu orange (i think it was) came steaming down a steep one, through the bottom of the quarry and up the other side which stopped about four feet higher than the level of the ground behind it, so was the 'jump' of choice for those that went there.

He superman'd off his bike as it went wrong midflight, and landed chin first on a massive stump of a long since snapped young tree, tore his chin open side to side and down to the bone :shock:

We rushed over to find him getting up and dusting himself off, holding his jaw, then he pulled his hand away and blood was gushing from his wound and his hand was soaked in it, he simply said, 'ahh shit, thats me off to hospital then' and got his bike up to ride off, bars were squiffy, rear wheel and i beleive one of the chainstays were both bent, he got on and wobbled off, we asked if he wanted us to go with him and he just said 'nah ill be fine, happens all the time' LOL!

Although it did play on my mind we shouldve follwed as he was bleeding profusely, and i always envisioned him falling off and passing out through bloodloss and bleeding out on the trail between the quarry and the next village!

Iv manualed for about 300 yards, also used to grab a lamp post, then proceed to wheelie in circles round it

Can't beat the feeling of a good manual tho

Back