Is this a Specialized stumpjumper?? Now with frame number

Slammin":ujqjm68d said:
Rio":ujqjm68d said:
I don't think that's a Stump. It has top tube cable routing, and a canti cable stop. Stumpies had a canti cable stop mounted on the seatpost bolt, not on the frame

Thats what I said but thats definitely a stumpjumper serial number ME501309ME tells me Stumpjumper May 95

I think it's easier to fake a serial number than to find a stump with cable routing like this one, and without gussets on top and down tube

trxrincon":3l3986io said:
Rio... Don't say that :(

sorry mate... I really hope I'm wrong. I never saw a 'stump' like that, but then again, I didn't see them all! ;)

I've just been talking to my dad about it and he says if the number has been stamped in by hand you'll be able to tell. As I said if worst happens ill just break it

Is it worth asking the seller if it has any spesh marking on the frame?

Rio":14izkh61 said:
I think it's easier to fake a serial number than to find a stump with cable routing like this one, and without gussets on top and down tube

The serial number appears to be a Stumpy and could have been faked. Whats puzzling about the number is the ME repeated at the end unless that was a miscommunication between the seller and OP. Maybe I am wrong about the serial number it should be ME501309 and not ME501239ME. I still cant figure out why it had ME repeated at the end.

Unless I'm missing some steps Stumpys went steel to m2. M2s have, as already stated, downtube gear stops, different dropouts, no canti stop, butted seat tube, gusseted head tube.

What diameter is the seatpost?

I will check the serial number for myself when it lands , also not sure about the seat post dia yet I'll let you know.

It's not a Stumpjumper. It's not even a Specialized. If you're unconvinced, look at the Specialized catalogues in the archive. You won't find a match.

best have a good close look when you receive it!
the only markings i know of are the specialized 's' that's usually present on the top tube gusset (debossed) - but since this doesn't have one, i would have thought it wont be there. other than that, the rear dropouts could have the 's' stamped into them. check them out too when you get your hands on it.

Back