Wilderness Trail Bikes (WTB) Phoenix

cchris2lou":1enr8ewu said:
Another nice buy Melvin .

You must need a warehouse by now . :D

Yes, I have too much. This is the final one.

Hmm.. I already said that when I had 'only' 5 bikes :roll:

@all

Thanks for the kind comments (but of course kind comments are normal with such a bike ;) )

I already said I would like to have new WTB GreaseGuard crankbolts. Well, I would also like to have the original WTB titanium bar. I case someone has one and has no idea what to do with it, I am your man to take it from you. Originally the bike came with the WTB ti bar, but the former owner gave it away to a random cyclist. He later seriously regretted.

A Syncros ti could be a decent alternative as I am also planning a Syncros stem (see signature!) and I already have the Syncros forged cranks.

As long as I do not have the right Syncros stem, a RaceFace EX titanium will come on. If I decide, for whatever reason, not to use the Syncros cranks I also have XC Pro ones available. Do you people prefer the Syncros over the XC Pro like I do?

Colour: Another important decision! Very important! As said it needs a repaint anyway, so I have to decide on the colour. I am a bit alergic for red actually :oops: ...so it could very well I decide for something different. An original WTB colour seems the most logical 2nd option than, but I don't know. They tend to be a bit matt, non sparkling to me. On the other hand: Of course I do not want a flamboyant paint for this one! It needs to be neutral, understated, classy, sparkling at the same time. Was thinking of:

1 - a very deep gloss black, no decals, only the headbadge ...and a Retrobike sticker on the left chainstay of course ;)
2 - a very deep gloss black, silver/grew lower section of the Type II and decals in the same silver/grey.

Sounds good? ...or plain stupid? Speak!

cherrybomb":3kz8iec8 said:
That is cool but how fat is that seatpost? :shock: :cool:

It is an American Classic seatpost and it is 31.8 'fat'. It is way over 400mm long. That is one of the nice, unique features of this frame. It is extremely slooping and there is a philisophy behind that. Tight stiff triangles, complaint under the butt, standover clearance of course... Though this frame being only a 15" it is about my size :) 15" was the middle size.

Wow. I'd have guessed at way bigger than 31.8 dia. Must be the photos.

She is a sweet bike though, would look good in a deep gloss black.....very classy. :cool:

new drive train, some knobbies, and that thing is gonna be the bee's knees

jealous, I want one :oops:

The Phoenix is one of my all time favourite bikes, I'm glad this is a smaller frame or my jealousy might be unbearable!

scant":18jdmbct said:
with a small amount of work (namely chucking those handlebars!) thats going to be very sweet ;)

and replacing them with some dirt drops (surely?)

sounds like it will be very nice...

Back