The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

Easy_Rider":aqrmqnu7 said:
Could try a clwyds ride, maybe an unofficial ride...

Sounds good, not 100% sure I'm not going to get dragged down to London that weekend though :? Really want to go the next weekend for a Mexican Day of the Dead Festival in the old Vic tunnels under Waterloo station! :twisted:

Could be available for a recce this Saturday if it's helpful? Should be riding somewhere anyhow, possibly Cannock as I've got a hankering!

drystonepaul":1aoueqy2 said:
Anyone up for a ride on Saturday 27th October?
Last day before the clocks go back so it'd be a shame to miss out.

Open to suggestions as to whereabouts.

that works for me. i'm open to suggestions too.

drystonepaul":3tnwjunu said:
Anyone up for a ride on Saturday 27th October?
Last day before the clocks go back so it'd be a shame to miss out.

Open to suggestions as to whereabouts.

:cry: Can't do this one got my old school friend and his family up for the weekend, not ridden off road now for 5 weeks :cry:

back in the UK now though so roll on winter riding :D

This Saturday 27th Pete and I will be having an informal ride in the Clwyds, we'll be trecking over some of the routes I know but others that I don't know too so expect lots of stopping, discussions, finger pointing up and down mountains / valleys and maybe some map reading (not unusual for a North Wales ride - I was taught by the best!)

So anyone is welcome to join us, the exact meet location is to be confirmed but it will be around Cilcain. Don't expect the usual slick North West outings!

Easy_Rider":3rrvya46 said:
This Saturday 27th Pete and I will be having an informal ride in the Clwyds, we'll be trecking over some of the routes I know but others that I don't know too so expect lots of stopping, discussions, finger pointing up and down mountains / valleys and maybe some map reading (not unusual for a North Wales ride - I was taught by the best!)

So anyone is welcome to join us, the exact meet location is to be confirmed but it will be around Cilcain. Don't expect the usual slick North West outings!

sounds good to me.

NWA unofficial regional ride: The Clwyds

Clwyds_Avatar_zps90dc7a5d.jpg

:: Date: Saturday 27th October 2012
:: Distance/time: 20+ miles - Undetermined time, bring food as the pubs around here either do not serve food or stop early.
:: Meeting at: Parking in Cilcain is restricted but there is parking just outside the village at the view point Google map here: --> http://goo.gl/maps/o0Dp8 more info here: --> http://www.cilcaintoday.org.uk/page37a.html Unfortunately it means a steep climb back up after the pub!
:: Time: 10am for 10:30am start.
:: Terrain: Mix of open moorland, fire roads, single track, rocky trails and much more to explore.

I've posted this here and not in the main forum because of it's unofficial nature, but feel free to move.

Proper wild riding, looking forward to this, will be great!

Bring food people, if I've learnt one thing, it's to bring food... ;)

Back