1998 Marin Team down hill factory bike pictures ?

mrpedigree

Retro Guru
Guys i bought a 1998 team down hill today,can someone post some of the catalogue pics of it or or where i can find any ?? i cant seem to find any via google ? :(
Heres the one i bought
Picture063.jpg

Is there not any original pictures out there of this bike from the catalogue or mags of time ??
ANYONE HELP MARIN GUYS ?? PLS :(

As raced by Dave Hemming....

Lots of pics in some of the MBUK's from that era (chucked mine out years ago...)

We're the first of the John Whyte designed bikes (before he did his own)

Same design as the b17 of that era just a better spec and less of them around...

boxxer":39zfk9pi said:
As raced by Dave Hemming....

Lots of pics in some of the MBUK's from that era (chucked mine out years ago...)

We're the first of the John Whyte designed bikes (before he did his own)

Same design as the b17 of that era just a better spec and less of them around...
I had one new back in the day,it cost a small fortune ,i swapped my GT Lobo for it ,was a much better bike than my Lobo ,Bet like me you wished you kept it now,mint ones make good dough at the mo :)
I am just am gonna keep it as a fun bike ,with that spec they ride awesome .
RobMac":39zfk9pi said:
How close is say a Mount Vision main frame to one of these?
Not sure .i think they are the same ?
The forks are fcuking awesome on it ,just after some original pictures of them and write ups..cant find anything ,surley someone somewhere has the catalogue for 1998 ||

RobMac":183wjg8q said:

I worked at a Marin dealer BITD, I'm confident enough to say theyre practically identical. I know of one guy who bought a Mount Vision, and sometime later having discovered DH he opted to simply replace the rear shock with a longer stroke model, thereby giving him the increase from 4" to 6" rear travel. It survived as well as if not better than some B17's and DH FRS's!

mrpedigree":3l2xelji said:
Is there not any original pictures out there of this bike from the catalogue or mags of time ??

At the Marin Dealer I worked at BITD the majority of these bikes were sold as the DH FRS frame set and then custom built to the customers specs. I'd put money on complete original Team DH bikes being rarer than hens teeth! Great find by the way ;)

retrocomeback":1jy31sdt said:
mrpedigree":1jy31sdt said:

At the Marin Dealer I worked at BITD the majority of these bikes were sold as the DH FRS frame set and then custom built to the customers specs. I'd put money on complete original Team DH bikes being rarer than hens teeth! Great find by the way ;)
wow thats nice
i seem to remember these being frameset only from the importers.
what did you pay for it? (go on make me cry)

retrocomeback":2w7339zk said:
RobMac":2w7339zk said:

I worked at a Marin dealer BITD, I'm confident enough to say theyre practically identical. I know of one guy who bought a Mount Vision, and sometime later having discovered DH he opted to simply replace the rear shock with a longer stroke model, thereby giving him the increase from 4" to 6" rear travel. It survived as well as if not better than some B17's and DH FRS's!

That's interesting thanks ;)

Back