Old VW vs New VW

I agree, the oldies are fun and a good experience, but the ability to just get in turn the key and drive is what most want now, oh and demisters that work within a few minutes instead of the lethargic heat from the exhaust heat exchangers wafting it's way forwards when it felt like it. I put a fan in that ducting to speed matters up a bit but it still wasn't fab and the commute between Oxford and Abingdon was done with ice on the insides of the windows in winter and me high on the smell of de icer I had to spray at the inside screen to see out. As yes my camper was my only vehicle and I used it every day as my only vehicle.

Hence water cooled next. I need the heat.

Beetle windshield defroster. Here, at least.

Ice%20Scraper.jpg

vw's, cool if done right, but shit as cars, to many "clever" ideas, well during the mid to new skool cars. true old uns are fab...........oh hang on a minute....lol :D still cool tho

i prefer the mk1-2 golfs, mk1 polo and ghia's. lovely at any angle.

I never liked the Scirocco but I would give my right arm to get my 1.6 Golf Gti Mk1 back.

Still got the Vee Dub Bug though, I'm on the look out for a T4 :cool:

80's German cars VW, BMW's and Merc are all good and in my mind the pinacle of car design.

I love the MKII golf, the BMW E30, E24, E28, E23 and the E34 (probably the best) and all 80's Merc are great also.

The body sheels are resoanbly well protected although by now rust is an iussue on many but not my E34. The look fab and drive very well and are easy to work on. The last bit is important to me as I do all my own car work.

There are number of cars from th 70's that do it for me but reliability and rust are major issues. A few cars from the 90's also do it for me and hardly anything produced in the last 12 years works for me.

MKII golf's just work as do the first Scirocco's.

Back