KLEIN Adroit Attitude Repaint / Repair

highlandsflyer":1wy92nos said:
vinnya77":1wy92nos said:
Cool. I see my frame arrived ok.

Good to see them progress, seems you have a few Dolomites there.

Was your one the damaged one? What went on?

Yes, the last owner drilled it for V-brakes.

Had it welded so needs tidying up.

After adding the new colour I have to create the new attitude logo. The one on the frame differs to the original logos. The letters are bigger and shaped in a different way.

With the data I can make a stencil using the sign maker.

Klein_Attitude_ETOE_Repair5.jpg

Using the stencil I spray on the Attitude logo. I use a thin colour BMW uses for interior paint of cars. It is a waterbased system you can add a harder. The result is a durable surface. I need it to get sharp edges between the masking tape and the sprayed colour.

Klein_Attitude_ETOE_Repair6.jpg

The last step is a 2K clear coat application and some finish.

After all these steps the frame is ready to go back on the road ( maybe off-road )

Thank you Vinevo.

Let`s have a look at the result:
I also painted some parts together with the frames like a fork and some MC1.

Klein_Attitude_dolomiti_ETOE_1_72.jpg

Klein_Adroit_Backfire_ETOE_1_72.jpg

puhh , iam not with your opinion .

you cant do this .

you must tag your work . i really dont think that i can spot all repaints , you can , but we not .

so its up to you to !!

Go along with it if you are not a german Klein pro. Or take some lessons from Frank. He can tell you everything what you need to know about german original Kleins.

I think the easiest way to show these from the originals is the fact they look almost perfect.

Florian your new Adroit nightstorm is a original and the finish around the decals is not perfect, hence the mass production and fast knockout of kleins BITD.

Repaint

I think and noticed that the paint layers are thinner? So less paint is used so the result is neater ? You can feel that on the debossed logo's.

Back