Retro Road Ride - Gospel Pass Saturday 17th November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smack middle of the Real ale wobble :roll:

So Im out - though I have spent much time on the Gospel Pass and interestingly for those who don't know it featured in the American Werwolf in London (the beginning after they leave the Slaughter Lamb and start walking where they get attacked)

so keep a look out as its never been captured :LOL:

A ride I have often thought about having done the pass a couple of times in a round trip from Pandy but my fitness is completely shot and it's my wedding anniversary weekend to boot and we are away!

Ah well - I'll dream on!

Yes, I am up for this assuming a bout of wrist tendinitis clears up in time. Sorry for any confusion, I thought you wanted to do an audax perm of the Gospel Pass 200k from Apperley (hence the req for an early start), etc.

Hopefully the weather won't be too foul or I may elect for something modern (and therefore disposable :) ).

i have a couple of questions.
where is the start point for this ride, postcode ? and do i have to have a road bike or would my dynatech do with a set of slick tyres ?
not been on a decent ride for a while.

videojetman":36v4099m said:
i have a couple of questions.
where is the start point for this ride, postcode ? and do i have to have a road bike or would my dynatech do with a set of slick tyres ?
not been on a decent ride for a while.

The ride will start and finish in Hampton Bishop, just outside Hereford. I'll put up more detailed directions a little nearer the time.

If you have a road bike then I'd definitely recommend using it (even if modern!) but if you are pretty fit then I suspect that you'd be ok on a slicked up mountainbike.

Keen on being there for this one.
I'll check with Mr K on the possibility of a lift in the kidnap wagon.

drystonepaul":1dp7cxpi said:
Keen on being there for this one.
I'll check with Mr K on the possibility of a lift in the kidnap wagon.

Cum on the beard!!! :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back