Tushingham Resource Pool

lol........perhaps but i do trust this fella.

And i owe him a Big thank you for his time too.

Attachments

• ROGER TUSHINGHAM.jpg
    ROGER TUSHINGHAM.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,087
Carl - great stuff!

I actually turned up the spec of the Tushingham B52 and Works Replica from a old magazine this weekend - I'll post it here as it is a little different in places.

Who's is the bike that the colour pics came from?!

So is the first few years chronological order of Tushingham/Orange bike this then:

Tushingham B52 '88?
Tushingham Works Replica (Yates) '88
Orange Formula (Yates - 2 off made) '88/89
Orange Formula (Paul Donohue - 6 off made) '89
Orange Clockwork '89
Orange Prestige '90

nevadasmith":1ituacic said:
Carl - great stuff!

I actually turned up the spec of the Tushingham B52 and Works Replica from a old magazine this weekend - I'll post it here as it is a little different in places.

Who's is the bike that the colour pics came from?!

So is the first few years chronological order of Tushingham/Orange bike this then:

Tushingham B52 '88?
Tushingham Works Replica (Yates) '88
Orange Formula (Yates - 2 off made) '88/89
Orange Formula (Paul Donohue - 6 off made) '89
Orange Clockwork '89
Orange Prestige '90

Rodger remembered he and lesters friend had a works replica, and put me in touch with him, a really nice guy as it turns out, spoke to him on the phone, exchanged emails, etc. but he told me it wasnt a works replica but a formula.

The pictures have been sent and yet not recieved... :cry: i think he is having an issue uploading them to be honest. Im sure they will come eventually, but i dont want to hassle the fella. so im waiting patiently, and when i do get them i will upload them for you.

The colour pics are of a Daves Yates from the same period, demonstrating the fillet brazed X brace.

Rare commodities indeed.

The Info posted were from the original brochure from bitd, from Rogers Archives.

looking forward to seeing how the specs differ mate, and im sorry i really had hoped to have had actual pics of a full bike but alas as yet it is not to be.

I mentioned on another thread that there's a Tushingham on display at Stif in Summerbridge. Worth a look if you're passing. :cool:

brocklanders023":337c8rcv said:
I mentioned on another thread that there's a Tushingham on display at Stif in Summerbridge. Worth a look if you're passing. :cool:

Thanks Mate, i noticed and rang Paul the Owner straight away, to enquire if it was a B52 or a Works Replica, it is a B52 and part of his own retro collection.

I had Hoped it was the illusive "Works Replica" but sadly Not... :cry:

You're like a dog with a bone mate :shock: :LOL: I was interested to see it had a Orange Stalk stem on it. Made me wonder what came first, the stem or the first Orange bike? He also had a couple of early Clockworks on display.

Funny how things go full circle as when the owner and I were much younger I used to spend loads of time in the first shop looking at probably the same bikes he's now put on show. It was him that put me in contact with the owner of my first Clockwork that I got second hand. :cool:

I might pop up for a look.

It was leisure lakes Preston (tarleton?) where I first fell in love with oranges although it was a similar place near Manley in Cheshire where I actually got an orange shirt. I guess both these places would of had Tushinghams because of the windsurfing connection. Infant I am vaguely remembering being told by the lad all about the history at LL.
he works for Trek now.

Sigh.

ededwards":2y1xoflg said:
I'm pretty sure that pink Yates was the one I briefly had, now in Holland.

I know it was a big un, but i wish you still had it... :oops:

Id love to find one in my size.

sinnerman":pfucjdur said:
ededwards":pfucjdur said:
I'm pretty sure that pink Yates was the one I briefly had, now in Holland.

I know it was a big un, but i wish you still had it... :oops:

Id love to find one in my size.

Not really big at all, certainly too small for me.

Back