VRC All Mountain Bike - 1989 (finished)

Getting there. Trying a 50mm Ringle Stem that I had. Still waiting on an 80mm stem which is on the way. The 50 doesnt look too good, but it sure looks like an AM bike with it :) Gonna do some more fittings before I string up the whole bike. Thats just how I roll. The Flite saddle isnt going to work either if I'm going to ride in gnar :)

IMG_9612-2.jpg

IMG_9613-1.jpg

Disco Drive":1cip3j4b said:
AARRRRGHHHH! my eyes! :shock: Please put straight bars on it! ;)

Ive got straight bars, but my back can't take it. I need an upright position to ride over two hours. I'll see what can be done as soon as the new stem arrives. At the end of the day fit trumps fashion :)

BTW, I got the bike from an 90s racer guy. The original spec on it was a riser bar with the same rise :)

Almost finished. My seatpost is bricked :( It won't hold a setting. a little tap makes the seat kick up. I am going to try and file gnarlier teeth onto the seatpost clamp tonight. Everything else works :)

IMGP0040_zps9f4f2c7d.jpg

IMGP0035_zps8e8951dc.jpg

IMGP0036_zpse6d2ba7e.jpg

IMGP0037_zps52544e1e.jpg

IMGP0038_zpsb73bd6ee.jpg

IMGP0039_zps8a3e560d.jpg

That looks AMAZING! I really like this bike, what it was designed for and what you are going to use it for.

I think the whole package works well - flat bars aren't always the best idea if you plan to ride a bike hard - and I think in this case the style of the bike and how you've set it up suits it.

It certainly looks like it going to be a joy to ride.

Hmm, in that (most enjoyable) article it said that 'production' versions would have vertical dropouts but your's is showing the same as in the article; do you know if they changed their minds or might your's be the original proto?! Long shot but reckon I'd have the tape measure out checking against the measurements in the mag! :LOL:

Back