orange sub5 build + other oranges

Looking good mate, very similar to mine

image_zps1b49faef.jpg

image_zps4de72e28.jpg

Very smart orange orange + others!, just got patriot 7+ back from powder coaters went for something a bit different colour wise and new type stickers.

Having fun feeding braided gear & brake lines thru the swing arm!

Attachments

• WP_000198.jpg
    WP_000198.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 591
Cheers Josh, just need to sort out front caliper but been out for a quick blast this morning and the patriot is such fun around town with some maxxis hookworms.

Found best way to route brake and gear cables thru swingarm was using a wire coat hanger and 4 bottles of becks.

Attachments

• WP_000204.jpg
    WP_000204.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 569
You really cant beat a good old blast around town. Concrete playground.
I had trouble with routing when i had a patriot, i put it out through the side of the swingarm first - woops. I seem to recall its easier to put it in from the rear? May be wrong though.

twellsie":2a5vey3t said:
Looking good mate, very similar to mine

image_zps1b49faef.jpg

image_zps4de72e28.jpg
Awesome collection you have there mate!
the alpine and 223 look really smart. Had to get rid of my 223 recently as I cracked it - got a sunday instead and it's much better, the geometry on those 223s was very strange :?

what size wheels are in these please?. i have just found a frame in my childminders shed when we where clearing it out and my 12 yr old wants to rebuild it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240214_130115_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240214_130115_WhatsApp.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 7
what size wheels are in these please?. i have just found a frame in my childminders shed when we where clearing it out and my 12 yr old wants to rebuild it
Put 24” with 2.8 tyres on it and your 12 yr old will have loads of fun but otherwise was made for 26 but you can probably squeeze a 27.5 2.1/2.3 tyre in the back if your lucky but 24 with big tyres will be way more fun and flickable for a younger person

Thank you for that.
He already has a bike he uses. he has a 29er, he is quiet tall for his age. He is just interested in building this.
So just to be clear it is supposed to have 26". Would you not get at 27.5 in the front?.
I am actually trying to find the original specs for the bike also if anyone has any suggestions on where to find them

Back