Stumpjumper 94 Tange XT thumbie 7s £120

toemarse

Dirt Disciple
I'm cleaning out my garage and as fond of this old Stumpjumper as I am I already have too many bikes and not enough time!

It is a 1994 Stumpjumper large made of Tange Prestige Cro-Mo all double butted steel finished in a rather classy mettalic bluey purple and not the more common matt olive. The frame is in good original condition with only a few scratches, scrapes and the odd bit of paint bubbling on the downtube - much better than my well used 2010 SJ!

It does not have much in the way of 1994 parts but a mix of good quality old components that I'll list below;

XT thumbsifter
Deore v-brakes and Avid leavers and old X-Lite titanium hardware on front calipers
Mavic 521 on an LX hub with Sapim spokes at the rear
Mavic 321 Ceramic on a Deore parralax hub on the front - fantastic stopping power for a rim brake with the ceramic coating.
Shimano 105 road cranks and a 39 tooth chainring
7 speed rear cassette
Fairly modern Deore rear mech
Continental Vertical and Gravity tyres
Ritchey headset
Specialized qr seat clamp
Selcof seatpost and Selle Italia saddle
Ancient LX pedals that are on it so you can ride it but they need some grease in them by the sound of them.
Ameoba stem and some random bars (possibly from a Sunn)
Mushroom BMX grips - long - with end caps

All in all a great piece of mountain biking history in good usable condition - ready to go out into the hills or just to the pub. All yours for £120!

I'm in Lancaster and can either post at cost or collection is welcome.

My email is ~ motnworb ~ at ~ gmail ~ dot ~ com ~

IMG_5199.JPG

IMG_5222.JPG

IMG_5218.JPG

IMG_5209.JPG
IMG_5207.JPG

IMG_5202.JPG

IMG_5221.JPG

[/img]

Measurements centre to centre - seat tube 19.5 inches and top tube 23.75 inches.

Oh and the forks isn't a Specialized fork, but it is a Spinner which were the company that made them originally for Specialized.

Back