Upgrading car hedlight bulbs to Cree ones

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
To be honest I would go with hid's for the headlights

Far better crisper and safer set of lights. go for the 6000k for audi white. They are cheap enough

sylus":1ip2684m said:
To be honest I would go with hid's for the headlights

Far better crisper and safer set of lights. go for the 6000k for audi white. They are cheap enough
I'm not sure about the LEDs, but HID bulbs in lights that weren't designed for them are a right royal pain in the arse for oncoming drivers. as well as being 3 points on your licence if plod can be bothered...

Ive never heard of them being able to issue three points for having HIDs, if theyre an mot pass then they cannot do you for them, by being an mot pass i mean correctly adjusted and not burning the retinas of anything caught in the beams, i have HIDs in my daily driver (aftermarket kit) but i had my mate set them up on his mot test ramp/headlight allignment tester, as my biggest hate is those who either fit bulbs wrong, or fit HIDs with no thought that they might need to check the aim of them, and end up with massive showers of light everywhere!

But back on topic, id imagine that the OP doesnt want HIDs as theyre way too modern for the vehicle they want to fit them too, id like better headlights in my 1986 vauxhall nova, but theyre far too new and would ruin the overall look of the car, these cree lights have interested me though :cool:

not three points but an mot failure! to pass the mot if fitted with after market hids you must have headlight washers, just jets, wipers not needed and auto self leveling headlights unless you are a high powered sports car with no boot space

Despite the scaredy cats

most mot testers know of hids and as long as they are aimed correctly rarely fail them and that is rarer than a rare thing

Adjusting them is the same as adjusting a headlight normally but if your unsure how to do it a garage would do it very easily and cheaply just tell them your headlights need realigning

Had hid's on my motorbikes for over a decade and would never use anything else and passed mot's every single time

led's.... I can't see being as good as standard headlights let alone better than hids

I would be fitting them into a 1999 Iveco van not too fussed if they look to modern just want a good bright light when I go camping out in the sticks or travelling on the A82 at night which has no street lighting past Balloch and a high risk of red deer on the road

If your lights are not designed for HID's the lenses are not going to deal with the light correctly so not ammount of aiming will sove that.

The number of times I have been completley blinded by HID's at night when driving is shocking. To many near misses because I cannot simply see where I am going. Please be considerate to others and don't do it.

My old BMW still has halogen bulbs and simply there is no need for "better" lights. They provide enough. Maybe trying driving a bit slower at night as well.

I don't drive much at night anymore and one of the reasons is badly fitted HID's.

I dont think you can get any slower driving along Loch Lomond on most of it your lookng around 30mph once past Tarbet until you get past Ardlui and I normally trundle along at 45-50mph as I'm tight forking out for diesel ;) Main aim is to get better lighting and with a lower wattage so the battery isnt using as much juice.

Back