North American Handmade Bicycles Show (NAHBS)2013 BOOKED!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
anyone thinking of going?

http://2013.handmadebicycleshow.com/2013-nahbs/info/

i wanted to go in 2012 but couldn't swing it, i'd love to go this time.

if i do go i was gonna make a 2 week trip of it involving California aswel.

was thinking of flying into San Francisco and riding the area for a bit, then road tripping to denver (20 hours drive over a few days) then hitting the show for 2 or 3 days, then drive back to San Francisco for a couple of days then home.

that said i might also look into internal flights between san fran and denver, but i like the idea of the roadtrip.

i have pm-ed a local ish member to denver (a well known yeti owner!) to ask if it's worth taking a bike and apparently it is, i was unsure because of the dates, i'm sure california will be fine then weather wise.

a quick look at costs on the net is this

£500ish for flight
about $100 a night for a hotel
2 week car hire £500 (and that was for a mustang :twisted: )
3 day show entry $58

+food/beer/fuel

any thoughts? :D

Attachments

• demon entry.jpg
    demon entry.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 643
I have one.

Buy a bike over there. Take it home with you. Craigslist Klein?

Take a bike over for someonthe there too if you can.

:)

That's a long drive SF to Denver-1267 miles with two Mtn. ranges to cross X2=2534 miles driving. At 30 mpg THAT'S 84.5 Gallons of fuel at $4.75, or $401.00 dollars, if the Mustang can get that mileage....Looking up airfares briefly, you could probably fly round trip SF to Denver for $200-300 in a couple of hours each way-However, you wouldn't get to drive through the Rockies and the desert and the Sierras.

being honest, i like driving, i thought if i drove over a say 3 days each way i could get somewhere, ride for a bit aswel but i love the thought of all that scenery.

@pat, was hoping to hook up with you aswel

it's all early days yet but i like the idea of it all :D

@broady, i did bristol for the last 2 years, will be going again :)

The drive is awesome. It's a long way but America is such a beautiful country.

Have you considered driving to Denver and flying back to CA?

been looking a little more deeply into this.

thinking now that i could fly in to SF, stay for a few days, roadtrip to Denver via Moab etc then fly home from Denver

flights are £670 and 2 weeks car hire for a Ford Explorer is £350 which would be better for the bike than a mustang.

my plan after leaving SF is to ride in the morning then drive in the afternoon, as Pat says it's about 1250miles so was thinking of doing that over 3 or 4 days

i do find myself wondering if anyone would be up for coming with me though? i'm happy to do this stuff on my own but i'd be happy to share the trip aswel

:)

UPDATE!! :D

i booked it!! couldn't stretch to 2 whole weeks in the end, was looking like too much money between now and the show.

so my plan is now, flying into Denver, going to the show for 2 days (friday and saturday) then driving southwest to Moab on sunday, and hitting the trails there for a few days then heading home.

2 days for the show and 4 days riding, so far i have booked the flight and the denver hotel, just need to sort the hotel in Moab and the car hire.

excited! :D :D :D

Back