1991 Bridgestone MB-1 - SOLD

benbonty

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ok, I had no intention of doing this, but I have been persuaded by a few Retrobikers that this is too good to use as a pub bike and that I should pass it on to someone who will appreciate it for what it is. These are really rather rare in the UK, I've certainly not seen another and it really is a lovely bike.

It is a size 18" from 1991. The frame is a lugged construction, the frame, stays AND fork are fabricated from full Ritchey Super Logic Prestige. The spec comprises almost entirely of Ritchey components, chainset, seatpost, saddle, stem, bars, grips, tyres, rims, headset and even the cable hanger for the front canti's come from the Ritchey stable. The shifters and mechs are Suntour XC Pro. Full specifications can be found in the brochure extract at the bottom of the page.

Condition wise, the frame and forks would benefit from a full respray and new decals, but structurally it has no issues at all. The parts are in great condition and since I bought it, I have added XT M730/Ritchey Vantage Comp Wheels, A NOS Ritchey Logic saddle, NOS Ritchey Duro Force tyres (Kevlar), NOS Ritchey TruGrips, a NOS Shimano red label cassette and a NOS Shimano HG Chain.

I started a thread on this bike as soon as I picked it up and was surprised by the response as I didn't know much about the brand or their machines. Read it here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=225196

I took these photos after a quick clean up and fettle on saturday. I have since added the new grips and removed the pannier rack as the brackets had lost their rubber coating and were rubbing the paint. The rack will be included if required.

Photo of the bike are below, I am not looking to make any money on this, just give it the future it deserves rather than being left outside my local in the rain.

£300 Collected.

very nice and an absolute bargain if you think what you'd pay for a P series. It would sit v nicely alongside my P-22 if it was only a couple of inches bigger...

hunkydory":o49708p4 said:
very nice and an absolute bargain if you think what you'd pay for a P series. It would sit v nicely alongside my P-22 if it was only a couple of inches bigger...

Thank you :cool:

Back