Haldon Retro-ride Sunday 21st October

Pyro Tim":17q97bne said:
I was going to ask you if you wanted me to put SPDs on her. Would suggest you bring a comfy saddle too, as the one on it isn't to my taste anyway.

Happy for you to bring and fit what you want on her, just be careful with her paintwork! I don't have any mudguards and I hope I'll dry quick enough.
It would be great if you put the spd's, man :)
What seatpost does the DB take? If it's 27.2 I'd take one from my Kona, with the saddle and mudguard already on :)

Don't worry, I'll make sure she feels good and safe on Sunday ;)

Ok, I'd better bring my '94 DBR Axis then! Don't have the right shirt tho'!
Will chuck my bike jumble in the van as usual - nice little 16.5" 1991 Saracen frame & fork etc, few front wheels, few rims & bits. all cheap!

haven't had a chance to check the seat post, and no power in the garage, so can't see now. Will check in the morning.

Jimbo, Woohoo, it's a DB ride!

Cool - be nice to catch up Jimbo. Think the last time I saw you was going the other way up on Woodbury?That was AGES ago!

yep - I was up there today for 2.5 hours ride ('92 GT Pantera) with Mrs J. on her Kilauea. Bit wet in places but not too bad considering.

I did Woodbury last Saturday, and Haldon last Sunday. W'bury was running pretty good, but Haldon was proper wet - especially the off-piste stuff.

At the moment all I can say is I'm thankful for that portable jet wash I carry in the car!

Pyro Tim":28wloqdo said:
It's 26.8 I'm afraid medoramas. No paint on the seat tube, so put what you like on it :D

Cheers! It's a well designed bracket, with thick rubber bit where it connects to the bike, so no scratches - as long as I have no crash ;-) How uncomfortable is the seat? Mind that I did about 11k miles on Bontrager FS10, which is considered as a part of a torture kit...

It's a Bontrager on Ti rails, and really looks like a weapon of torture, but I'm sure someone will like it.... somewhere

8099697378_a23c468dc4_n.jpg

Pyro Tim":12wuj2bd said:
It's a Bontrager on Ti rails, and really looks like a weapon of torture, but I'm sure someone will like it.... somewhere

8099697378_a23c468dc4_n.jpg
I like it! Plenty of Bepanten on the "sittig area" and it will be pleasant ride ;)

One more coming! A workmate, on his retro-ish Cannondale (post 2000 era). :cool:

Back