1987 Yeti FRO

spwal":2p9sixx4 said:
Awesome..!!!

Would look a lot better without the graftons IMHO.

Save them for an arc!

Thanks spwal and fair enough re. the Graftons, but I like the look of them. What would you use instead?

Shimano 730's or 732's in black would look sweet on there.

Finding a Cooks or FTW stem in 1" isn't going to be easy though... :(

classen":dmil57kz said:
Is the seatpost in backwards? I think it needs to be rotated 180 degrees so the cross bar is more horizontal. Is it an IRD?

.... oh yeah... and Nice Yeti :cool:

Cheers for the comment and advice classen: I'll get that turned around. Not 100% sure if it's an IRD to be honest.

Looks like an IRD to me - if it is it looks like you have it the right way round to me...

Attachments

• ird head.JPG
    ird head.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 354
Silverfish":2t71qf69 said:
Looks like an IRD to me - if it is it looks like you have it the right way round to me...

Thanks for all the positive and useful comments chief! :D

Sometimes it's tough to know who to believe on this forum; I better get busy brushing-up my own knowledge.

In the meantime I'll turn the post 90 degrees ;)

mikeyb":1a5dfngu said:
In the meantime I'll turn the post 90 degrees ;)

its better you turn it 180 degrees :cool:

and a info for you about the round top tube frames from frank the welder:

ftwelder":1a5dfngu said:
Hi, your round top tube frame is very rare. I am sure this frame was built in Agoura California and the date is fairly accurate. I am sure also that I welded this frame...the first one I had was red, round top tube like yours. It had some rust spots here and there from the time it spent in John's basement at Malibu beach. Can the seller tell you about the original color? I am surprised to see a new owner of such an old machine. Very few are sold these days. Perhaps it was mine? I think there were less than twenty round-tube frames

some words about my FRO, but the quantity of the round top tube frames are very interesting.

cheers
michael

I'm having a hard time with the less than 20 figure... bet I could find a dozen very quickly and odds are there are many more that have not been found.

Would be cool to do a serial number list of all the RT FROs.

Mike - what's your serial number?

Back