1996 Orange P7 Nickel

My P7 has bluey purple writing on the decals with just th picture of the orange in orange colour the F7 fork decal is purple too. Anybody know what year this was used?? I can't seem to find any reference to it!!

I registered to this forum because of this thread.

Well done on an awesome looking machine.

Nice work.

Hi again mate, just a quick question about the re-lacquering you had done.

How much was it if you don't mind me asking? I'm just weighing my options up with mine between powdercoat, enamel, or re-lacquer and obviously being a bank holiday I can't call any of the decent places to find out prices or get suggestions!

Cheers dude,

Al

Hi Al,

Not sure on the exact cost of re-lacquering as I also had the forks/stem painted at the same as well as a couple of other bits 'n bobs so can't recall just the cost of lacquering.

But I would assume about 25-40gbp, not too much.

If the nickel on yours is still tidy, then get a re-lacquer; if it's flaky and brittle get it powdercoated/re-sprayed I'd suggest :D

EDIT: still holding up well :D

img0967lb.jpg

img0845hk.jpg

img0930tm.jpg

Cheers dude, not had much luck as some sprayers won't touch the nickel plating. Going to try Mercian next week but tbh I'm probably going to leave it naked and see how I go!

Thanks though,

Al

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but just wondered how the frame is holding up?

Once you'd taken off all the crud with the tin foil, polished and waxed it, did you do anything else to protect it?

D'oh. Just re-read the thread to see that you had it re-laquered.

PS - I'm planning on something similar with mine. Making it into a sort of fast-ish Road bike, so slicks...

Also, where did you get the Cromoly stickers from?

I'd assumed they came from Gil.

I only ask as my P7 has little Cromoly stickers on the forks rather than F7.

As below.

Attachments

• Fork sticker.JPG
    Fork sticker.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 959
Back