Just won this - U Brake Zaskar!

I'm not a GT fan but surely the frames are identical?

Like Lavadomes and Cinder Cones, and one years Stumpjumper becoming anothers Rockhopper?

Isn't it just showroom spec that seperates them, so you can build one out of the other?

I agree, Pantera it is... Stevo, you are quite right - it is identical in shape and fittings to a 1991 Zaskar. No 6061 stamp, so probably 7005 and welded in the far east...

Shame, as I always wanted an early Zaskar!

Won't be posting in another section of the forum as if it's post 1998, I'll give the thing away as karma!

But surely if you followed your original plans the end result would be the same; the end justifying the means and all that?

Afterall, on a lesser scale, my 'Kili Wot' isn't, but it's still my favourite bike and garnered some generous praise on the Forum.

A Caterham 7 isn't a Lotus but I defy anyone to stand at the door to their workshops down the road and not drool! :LOL:

Stevo

But I'd know...! I know it sounds stupid, but it was the same with the 96 Zaskar frame that I decalled in 93 style (as I liked the look more...) :oops:

Sold it on eventually without finishing the build...

If I keep it I will do it as a Pantera... Does anyone know if these came in a polished finish? The 92 catalogue in the archive shows painted ones and when I google Pantera, all I get are painted ones, dubious Heavy Metal acts & dubious Supercars!

Or has mine been stripped?

It doesn't look like its been stripped to me - very good job a long time ago if it was.
I had a Pantera frame in orange and I think they made a silver painted one too.

If it's a 18" and you don't want to keep it please let me know........ ;-)

ringo":l7atutmc said:
I agree, Pantera it is... Stevo, you are quite right - it is identical in shape and fittings to a 1991 Zaskar. No 6061 stamp, so probably 7005 and welded in the far east...

Shame, as I always wanted an early Zaskar!

Won't be posting in another section of the forum as if it's post 1998, I'll give the thing away as karma!
If the tubing diameter and lengths are identical to a Zaskar I doubt anybody could tell any difference in ride quality as stiffness is determined by diameter and not thickness for the most part. Of course Zaskar purists will argue this point .

Cant say I've ridden a Pantera but from what I've picked up on this forum the 6061 Zaskar frames ride alot nicer than the 7005 frames.

Out of interest, what size seatpost does a 91 (or any other Zaskar for that matter...) take?

Back