Haldon Retro-ride Sunday 21st October

Pyro Tim":1ekhbzlh said:
not all that often to be honest, I'm a bad grandson. I was there at the weekend though, and cycled Devon coast to coast with my uncle. Me on a 95 Axis, him on the 91 above.

Have to talk to my wife this evening about getting a pass for the 21st. If I get one, I'll bring both bikes, so you can ride the Retroride on a Retro beast

Bikes are for riding, not hanging on walls
If you find any problems with bringing two bikes I'll bring mine anyway.

Is there any "bike wash station" at Haldon?

We gotta arrange some night riding too, I reckon... Or is it just me who rides mainly at night? :D

don't worry, have got the pass, am planning on coming. I can always put a cover down to protect my boot, and another to protect the bikes. Can someone confirm the postcode and where we will be meeting so I can drive both bikes there?

Pyro Tim":1yu5g76j said:
don't worry, have got the pass, am planning on coming. I can always put a cover down to protect my boot, and another to protect the bikes. Can someone confirm the postcode and where we will be meeting so I can drive both bikes there?
EX6 7XR

I think we should meet on the main car park/picnic area. I'm going there soon, so I'll choose the right spot, so we can all get there easily.

There is a café, let's meet there.

I had few good rides there today. If the weather stays as it's been last week make sure you wear some seal skinz socks... It's very wet there, not muddy at all, just more then plenty of water ;-) And check your brake pads, the wetness will put your brakes to the extreme...

We are getting closer to the day, so we need to make a definite decision about the time. 10.00 by the Ridge Cafe?
Are you up for it even in case of rain? I don't mind, I like challenging Mother Nature.

And make sure you look handsome - my friend, who is a very good and creative photographer wants to come along :)

I'll defo be there - as TiBoltrider asked me to organise it, I kind of have to be :LOL:
10am arrive, and we'll set off at 10.30 sharp. Meet outside the cafe, but I'll scoot around the carpark to see if anyone's around.
I'll be on my Ti softail with drop-bars - pretty hard to miss!

I'll be there. Hope I get there on time. Will be in a silver Seat Leon Cupra, with 2 x rigid Diamond Backs in it.

Will do it in the rain, sun, snow, but hope to do it in the sunshine. Will make sure I have my retro Diamond Back jersey on, and maybe tracksuit bottom shorts over my cycling shorts to keep my dignity. Do have waterproof top, and gloves if required.

Don't have any shades though, lost mine teaching kitesurfing last week, when a student crashed a kite on my head in Poole Harbour :(

I'll have a blue GT long sleeve top or yellow waterproof if it's raining. I'll drive a silver Meriva.

Pyro Tim, I'll try to sort you out a pair of Madison shades for the ride. Do you mind if I take my spd pedals (and a spanner, of course) and a set of crud catchers? I really recommend to equip yourself with the last bit, as in places we'll literally ride in the streams, having the rear end soaking wet won't make the ride too pleasant ;-)

I'd suggest riding the full blue route first, then the red one and then we can see if we want any more ;-) If it comes to me I can ride 'till I don't collapse :-D

I was going to ask you if you wanted me to put SPDs on her. Would suggest you bring a comfy saddle too, as the one on it isn't to my taste anyway.

Happy for you to bring and fit what you want on her, just be careful with her paintwork! I don't have any mudguards and I hope I'll dry quick enough.

Back