iPhone 5 owners?

Enid_Puceflange

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Has anybody taken the jump to the new iPhone 5 yet?

Had mine a week, love it!!
Have noticed its WAYYY faster than my 4 & camera is better too
Battery not lasting quite as long though, prob because I keep playing with it

Anyone else with feedback on it?

G

Both mine & Mrs P's arrived last Monday
Hers came out the box with cosmetic damage like 30% apparently :shock: :shock:
She's still waiting on a replacement coming from our network provider :?

G

Had mine a few weeks, I went from a 3GS to a 5. So a big difference, I can understand some of the comments on it not being much over a 4/4s.

Due to not wanting to lose my old unlimited data limit on my Orange contract, I decided to buy out right from the mac store at westfield. And must confess I felt very wrong spending £599 on a phone!

Had my iPhone 4 just under 2yrs and pre ordered a iPhone 5 as soon as they were due 3 weeks ago!

Phoned them last week, still 3-4 week wait although I have signed up etc, basically it's a faster phone that I already know well and £10 a month cheaper.

My old one has served me well, I hope this one does too.

I'm on my second white one.

I pre-ordered one and it arrived on launch day. The volume buttons were loose in the housing and rattled when the phone was shaken. Admittedly not a life changing problem, but not something you'd expect on a £529 phone, especially when the iPhone 4S and 4 which I had previously didn't suffer from it throughout their whole lifetime.

Also, the metal band scratches up INCREDIBLY easily. Mine had marks on it straight out of the box. Apple have obviously used the cheapest, weakest anodising they thought they could get away with.

I got in touch with Apple to report these issues and they sent a replacement out straight away, no questions asked. This lead me to believe that mine wasn't an isolated incident, and after Googling it it's apparent that lots of people have had the same thing happen to them.

My second one arrived, marked out of the box and with the exact same problem regarding the rattly volume buttons. I've decided to keep hold of this one as I'm pretty certain that if I got it replaced again, the third one would be exactly the same.

Apart from this, the phone has performed faultlessly and is faster than my 4S. The battery is also better than the 4S, but not as good as the 4. The slightly bigger screen might not sound like a big deal, but it does make quite a difference. The screen also has a different pixel arrangement, so colours are slightly richer than on the 4 and 4S - something which is immediately apparent when the two are held side by side.

So, to sum up:

- The bigger screen DOES make a difference
- It IS faster
- The battery is better than a lot of its competitors (believe me, I've tried them all!), although not as good as the iPhone 4

However:

- The Volume buttons WILL rattle slightly in the metal band.
- The metal band WILL scratch up (much like the metal bezel on the iPhone 3G/3GS did)

If you've got your heart set on getting an iPhone, get the iPhone 5. The issues that I've mentioned above are very very minor and don't detract from the overall feel or performance of the phone at all. I don't notice the volume buttons rattling unless I shake the phone and listen for it.

Android fans need not reply, as the OP has asked specifically about the iPhone.

Hope this helps. If you lived closer I'd have happily let you use mine for a few days to see how you got on with it.

sylus":2cv6xktm said:
The problem is not that there are too many customers but the chinese that work in the apple utopia plant have wised up the factory owner and apple are making billions whilst they have some of the lowest wages in the world and have gone on strike I believe

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/10/06/f ... one-plant/

Standard anti Apple rhetoric there. Foxconn also make parts for Acer, Amazon, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Microsoft, Nintendo, Nokia, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba and loads of car companies. For some reason Apple is the only one ever mentioned in detail.

I'm torn between an iPhone 5 and a Galaxy Note 2, the Galaxy is probably too big for my pockets but my god it's a nice phone to use.

I took advantage of people buying 5s to get a second-hand 4 to replace my slightly tatty 3G ;)

Back