What is the problem....

bigmick":26ou2dvy said:
packing up large items like a frame then taking it to post office for a price is too much hassle

it might be an idea if there was a sticky thread like the "how much xyz" but for postage

Weigh at home or estimate then stick it into the royal mail/post office website to give you a price.

I thought tracking with royal mail only lasted to the border, after that is signed for ?

I know I've not done it as ti puts the price way above it's worth.

juice":3v7wbpq5 said:
So you have a pair of Marzocchi Shivers DC for sale then ? ;)

Nope, but try a wanted ad in the wanted section. With a little bit of patience that will work. :cool:

Already put an add for triple clamps in, no joy. Although a set came up a few days later and sold quickly, I guess gold traders don't look in wanted.......

There is a pair on ebay.de but currently at 250 quid with 4 days to go which frankly is too expensive and a pair on Pinkbike but the guy (who I contacted 4 days ago) won't post to France because he wants a quick sale and someone is coming to look at them at the weekend :? :roll:

Apologies if this is coming over as me being a miserable sod.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'll post anything i've got for sale to anywhere as long as the recipient is happy with the cost, what gets my goat is trying to buy stuff, I live a couple of miles from Portsmouth and have a Portsmouth postcode, yet 100's of ebay sellers etc think the Isle of Wight is classed as Highlands and Islands or even mainland Europe! Dumb f**ks :x :x

with me it depends on a few things, with ebay i stick to UK as the post price is listed but also there are enough idiots in england without the added barrier of another language and postal service.

with retrobike i will post pretty much anywhere as long as the buyer has been posting for a while but as i tend to list my prices as the posted price i do charge the extra if it's going somewhere out of the ordinary, also i always use recorded post every time, even with small items, no exceptions.

and as it turned out with a member who turned out to be dodgy that was a good call as he was saying that stuff didn't turn up then asking for a refund off people who didn't send stuff recorded.

not getting stitched up is what i think most people are worried about and i think alot of buyers consider outside of the UK an unknown quantity and to a certain extent they are right, for the most part Royal Mail is pretty good but other Post companies elsewhere may not be.

B77":2rrw9qsy said:
Already put an add for triple clamps in, no joy. Although a set came up a few days later and sold quickly, I guess gold traders don't look in wanted.......

There is a pair on ebay.de but currently at 250 quid with 4 days to go which frankly is too expensive and a pair on Pinkbike but the guy (who I contacted 4 days ago) won't post to France because he wants a quick sale and someone is coming to look at them at the weekend :? :roll:

Contact the guy on Pinkbike to see if he still has them - if he does, then I'll happily post them on to you in France if you pay the postage. The seller would just need to post them to me first.

How's that?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Since moving to the states I have to admit I hate posting within it let alone outside of it. With a country so vast the postal rates are all over the place and most days will lead to a trip to the post office several times a day when selling a lot of things

Then there is the international requests..you go down again with the package to get a price, get one, inform and warn of the price but reminding that customs and the post may take a slice and then you get ....do you know how much that will be...and my mate had one sent much more cheaper.... and after a while you think..as I did in the u.k. we have enough arseholes in our own country without have to ship stuff to other countries arseholes as well

B77":34y90xus said:
juice":34y90xus said:
So you have a pair of Marzocchi Shivers DC for sale then ? ;)

Nope, but try a wanted ad in the wanted section. With a little bit of patience that will work. :cool:

No need for apologies. :) I know that feeling well enough when you want a certain bike part badly and it is simply not available at my own conditions. For me to battle my own impatience is - besides riding - the most fun i get out of this whole retrobike thing. With enough money everything would be theoretically available but my amount of cash that i can loosen up for bike parts is near the amount i had availaible when i was 14 years old. :D I'm on the lookout for certain parts for about 3 or 4 years now and i still believe one day these parts will find their way to me through a friendly chap from retrobike.co.uk :cool: Obviously i have no solution. All i got for you are these encouraging words.

Back