NE&Y 28-Oct '12 : RetroMTB Ride Hull & Bygone Byke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring a light bike as depending on route, there may be some stiles/gates to lift it over ;)

The retro-er the better of course, any bike can be ridden around here.

Can lend bikes to anyone needing one and they want to pop along (well I'm sure we can find something)

Coppice":1ca62bex said:
Is this the bike jumble that was supposed to be on the 7th or are there two?

One and the same, 7th was the predicted date to put it on the calander as it's been the first Sunday of the Month for the past 2 years and it was the date I had seen provisionally seen somewhere for it. Only Old Ned would know why it's different this year.

This date lands on the international sidecar festival at Mallory Park which I have attended for the last 10 years either racing, spannering, watching, drinking beer watching, having some great punch ups in the bar at 3 am in the morning and then racing still drunk the day after. If I go near a race circuit I start getting stupid ideas and usually end up on a bike, do I break the mold and ride my retro bike with great friends and keep away from sidecar racing, I feel like a drug addict, what do I do ??????????

slmracing":1uzlsnb5 said:
This date lands on the international sidecar festival at Mallory Park which I have attended for the last 10 years either racing, spannering, watching, drinking beer watching, having some great punch ups in the bar at 3 am in the morning and then racing still drunk the day after. If I go near a race circuit I start getting stupid ideas and usually end up on a bike, do I break the mold and ride my retro bike with great friends and keep away from sidecar racing, I feel like a drug addict, what do I do ??????????

Sidecar racing.

Well as long as it's not too muddy (I'm on rather not super nobbly tyres) it looks like I'll be out on the E3 as the test ride was a success and it rides sweet. (not bothered about getting it dirty just lack of traction).
Matthew

So current roll call is -

Fluffychicken
Matthews
chrisv40
Trebz + Nigel?
kaya
marc two tone
kingoffootball
slmracing
Longun
AndyB
Spudly

For any of you that use Strava there are some great segments to chase KOM on, on the route we have planned.

weather not great here either. misty, wet, generally crap.

might be a job for the raleigh activator. matthews will feel safe when he sees my cheapo centre-ridge cheng shin thingies. :)

i'll see if there's any cheap knobblies at the jumble. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back