Concorde Squadra

Fiks is right. It looks like it is not exactly the PDM design. I checked the book 'Competition Bicycles'. There followed a PDM design on the design in Fiks' post, but that one didn't have the greyish texture in the white. Moreover the green/red/blue graphics have another position. Kelly on his bike:

kelly_pdm.jpg

otherself":17zoc4q6 said:
Classic Frames. How much did you pay for it? Look forward to seeing it built :eek:
It was $350 for the frame and fork. A few small chips in the paint here and there but otherwise is in really good condition.

Thanks for the frame information fiks and Elev12k. Tried to find a catalog on the net with the frame in it but couldn't find anything. Thanks for the links.

Martin Earley was riding his old PDM team bike in the Johnny Helms Memorial 2-up last week. Complete with Delta's etc, very nice. It looks very similar to yours but there ought to be some photos of the event available somewhere which should show it. I'll try and find one.

BTW, Adrian Timmis also rode the event - on his ANC Peugeot and complete with ANC jersey.

Yeah I'd be interested to see another Squadra in similar colours. Haven't seen any actual bikes with the same paint job.

Any advice on whether I should be spraying some form of frame protector inside the tubes before installing the bottom bracket?

I sprayed FluidFilm AS-R in my frames. Excellent stuff for the task, but it goes everywhere, so if you use too much expect you'll have to service your bottom bracket from time to time.

Elev12k":190tptwl said:
I sprayed FluidFilm AS-R in my frames. Excellent stuff for the task, but it goes everywhere, so if you use too much expect you'll have to service your bottom bracket from time to time.
Thanks, I'll see if I can track some down.

The Campag seat post bolt was the correct one. Wasn't able to find one locally though so have to go for a no-name CrMo one. There were none available without the key at one end, so have to do a bit of Dremel'ing to remove the key.

IMG_1813.JPG

Also sourced some Shimano downtube cable adjusters.

IMG_1800.JPG

Headed down to a local bike coop here in Adelaide last weekend and put the crown race onto the fork. Surprisingly easy when you have the right tools :)

Then started to put some of the parts onto the frame. The components are nearly all Shimano 105 5700 in silver (which is actually more of a grey).

Still waiting on arrival of a 3ttt stem before I can finish it off.

IMG_1802.JPG

IMG_1804.JPG

IMG_1805.JPG

IMG_1811.JPG

Latest posts

Back