Today's bike find - 1991 Bridgestone MB-1

I'd love a bridgestone. Always thought they were cool, probably partly because they weren't imported here.

A slightly oddball setup - massive tyre manufacturer with a US based designer making top drawer bikes.

One day I'll pop into Booths and spot one myself, please don't tell me it was the Kirkby Lonsdale branch as I always pop in there for milk, I'll kick myself for not looking at the ads.

was8v":35xuhrji said:
One day I'll pop into Booths and spot one myself, please don't tell me it was the Kirkby Lonsdale branch as I always pop in there for milk, I'll kick myself for not looking at the ads.

Haha, no mate it was Clitheroe, I've never really looked at the ads in supermarkets before either as there is usually an elderly gentleman or two eyeing them up!

nearly popped down to collect this on saturday morning as it was just around the corner from me, COD got the better of me tho :LOL:

bargain eh

Cool bike. Nice to see you've left the rack on, it kinda befits the ethos - as does using it as a pub bike ;)

How's it ride?

ferrus":3w47mb1d said:
Cool bike. Nice to see you've left the rack on, it kinda befits the ethos - as does using it as a pub bike ;)

How's it ride?

Thanks mate, I've only managed a run to the village cafe for some bacon sandwiches so far, but it seems very nice. Very light and zingy. If it stays with me, I'll give it a fresh powdercoat and some new decals to keep the dreaded tin worm at bay.

So...... I think I'm going to refinish the Bridgestone frame and forks. I'll probably go for a high quality powdercoat on this as I want it to be tough and hard wearing. I don't think i want to spend a fortune on replicating the factory finish, so itll be a single colour i think. Anyone got any colour suggestions? At the moment I'm thinking either white, light grey or perhaps red? Velocals in the US can do the decals for me so that's not an issue, but I can't decide on the colour!

Back