What is the problem....

B77

Senior Retro Guru
With Posting things within europe ? Been after a few things lately on ebay and pinkbike and contacted the seller to see if they'll post to France, might as well ask if they'll post to Mars.
If the parcel is sent recorded delivery and insured there is no problem, you can track the parcel and see when it has been delivered so why are people so reticent to ship within europe ?

i don't know either. just laziness i guess! people cant be bothered to weigh it and find out the difference in cost.
i often find its not as expensive as i imagine and only ever charge it at net cost. some people take the piss when posting across continents, gets my billy goats well gruffed! :p

I recently posted kit to Tasmania from the UK - no issues with that. Have also posted to Japan, Alaska, USA and Europe. :D

Hell I've even posted to the lowlands of Engerland without incurring extra charges :roll: but that's another story :evil: :evil:

packing up large items like a frame then taking it to post office for a price is too much hassle

it might be an idea if there was a sticky thread like the "how much xyz" but for postage

bigmick":1frco4vw said:
packing up large items like a frame then taking it to post office for a price is too much hassle

it might be an idea if there was a sticky thread like the "how much xyz" but for postage

Except you don't have to. You can find everything you need to know online.
Quote a courier price from interparcelmonkeytogo and if you reckon the post office might save you a couple of pence, lug it down there. The PO never seem to put their best deals online for some reason...
I don't get it either; you have to pack it and send it just the same wherever it's going.
Sending stuff abroad by UPS is usually quicker than within the UK via ParcelFarts.

Maybe it is about the different kind of people who use different forums. The past 3 years i posted stuff mainy between the UK and Germany but also to the Nederlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, USA and France.
All my contacts were through retrobike and i never had one single problem that way. That fact speaks for itself.
Using Ebay and Pinbike chances are simply better to find unfriendly, not helpful or just lazy guys. At least that is my personal experience.
In my opinion what you describe is not about any shipping quote. It is about spirit or the lack of it.
So use retrobike. :cool:

juice":1iweyjfv said:
Maybe it is about the different kind of people who use different forums. The past 3 years i posted stuff mainy between the UK and Germany but also to the Nederlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, USA and France.
All my contacts were through retrobike and i never had one single problem that way. That fact speaks for itself.
Using Ebay and Pinbike chances are simply better to find unfriendly, not helpful or just lazy guys. At least that is my personal experience.
In my opinion what you describe is not about any shipping quote. It is about spirit or the lack of it.
So use retrobike. :cool:

So you have a pair of Marzocchi Shivers DC for sale then ? ;)

Sadly Pinkbike and ebay have far more items I'd like........

Retrobike is indeed fantastic and thanks to everyone who has sent me bit and pieces.

Back