RetroBike National Series Rd 7: Long Mynd ~ Aftermath

Loving the sunspot/halo pics, very snazzy! :cool:

Have to take issue with that GPS trace though - clearly it's not correct as it shows more riding time than chattering time, which is just absurd :?

Need to get one of those apps (for Android), going to start a thread if anyone has recommendations? I'll post the link once it's up.

elPedro666":gengahd4 said:
Loving the sunspot/halo pics, very snazzy! :cool:

Have to take issue with that GPS trace though - clearly it's not correct as it shows more riding time than chattering time, which is just absurd :?

Need to get one of those apps (for Android), going to start a thread if anyone has recommendations? I'll post the link once it's up.

The riding time is correct for me, don't forget u lot had been at the top of all the climbs at least 5 mins before I arrived :LOL: ;)

I have used MapMyRide & Cyclemeter but have stuck with Cyclemeter because somehow it uses less battery power than MapMyRide. There is also Strava which has a function which allows you to challenge other riders on routes they have posted

I've started to use Strava on Android, but as it failed on the recce, didn't bother on the ride. Failure was probably operator error. Haven't used it for a full day ride so don't know how much it takes from the battery.

Difficult to add anything to all that has already been said.

Excellent day, excellent banter, excellent company ( can you see a theme here )

Rob, a top route in a fantastic area that is vey new to me.

Look forward to next year.

See y'all at Cannock

drystonepaul":2q2rbc28 said:
rc200ti":2q2rbc28 said:
I think stickers are being sorted by dsp.
Yes, my bad.
Didn't get them sorted out in time.

Anyone who was on the ride and would like one if you could send me your name and address via PM, I'll get some sent out as soon as I can get Gil to print them up.

My apologies once again but at least the ride was brilliant.

Already planning next year's series...

For anyone coming to Cannock on Dec 27th - or who knows someone who's coming - I'm sure dsp will have a stash of stickers, save him a few stamps! ;)

Ah yes, stickers :)

Also who was the chap riding the bent up Uno bars? That is the most bent alloy bar I've ever seen anyone riding.

John":3taasq60 said:
Ah yes, stickers :)

Also who was the chap riding the bent up Uno bars? That is the most bent alloy bar I've ever seen anyone riding.

Can you remember what bike it was on? Can't remember seeing that myself.

Back