GPS type app for Android - any recommendations?

elPedro666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Mornin' all,
Finally got me one of these newfandangled phone thingies and - after a few weeks playing early nineties video games - figure I should get some navigation/ride-logging type app and just wondered which ones folks have had good experiences with?

I guess being able to decipher & repeat the good bits of a day exploring will be the most useful trick, along with general bragging rights of course! :LOL:

Cheers![/code]

Strava, have a look at some of the threads on here. You will not be disappointed. Even better it is free. It can be quite compulsive though.

Well for bragging rights you need to get Stava, it great for racing against your mates and people you don’t know and you can add your own race sections and its free.

I also use BackCountryNavigator for use with GPX type files and loading OS maps. Its not free but it bloody good.

Brian

Not sure I'm a fan of Strava, morally speaking, but that's a whole nother thread!:LOL:

BackCountry sounds promising, I'll have a look into that. Maybe try a free one for a while first though, see if I use it much.

and I'll probably get Strava :oops:

:LOL:

Thanks guys :)

I use MMtracker, as I already have a big stash of memory map OS desktop maps. Well worth it if you can get hold of memory map files.

brocklanders023":252xhvzk said:
Email giant-one Pete. Him and beavis use one that's ace but I don't know the name!

Funny, I was just thinking this weekend that I need to get hold of you lot anyway - been far too long!

Very true mate. Tbh we've not all been out together for a while except short blasts due to Richard's baby and my shifts.

We should defo set something up before the end of the year. :D

Back