Samsung Galaxy Note / Android advice - one for techies?

crud

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I took a contract out on a Samsung Galaxy Note from Phones 4 u.

The phone was unlocked and with vodafone.

I still had an o2 contract running so put my o2 sim in for a few months

O2 contract now up on the 23rd

The phone now seems to have locked to my o2 sim, it wont accept the vodafone sim any more?

How can I unlock it?

Also how will my google play account work now, Im I right that its against my email so If i get my vodafone sim to work I willl still have access to all my paid aps etc?

This is my first android phone

Thanks

crud":at35er0v said:
I took a contract out on a Samsung Galaxy Note from Phones 4 u.

The phone was unlocked and with vodafone.

I still had an o2 contract running so put my o2 sim in for a few months

O2 contract now up on the 23rd

The phone now seems to have locked to my o2 sim, it wont accept the vodafone sim any more?

How can I unlock it?

Also how will my google play account work now, Im I right that its against my email so If i get my vodafone sim to work I willl still have access to all my paid aps etc?

This is my first android phone

Thanks

This can't happen as the devices are locked at the factory. Was the SIM PAYG? If so if unused Voda deactivate them after a whille and that's probably what has happened.

Carl.

both sims are contract.

I hard reset the phone. I have also asked for a new voda sim but haven’t used that yet

so your saying I should be able to swap freely between contract sims on my factory unlocked phone? because that was the case in the first few weeks but I cant now.

got the phone in feb

crud":7ddb2i5e said:
so your saying I should be able to swap freely between contract sims on my factory unlocked phone? because that was the case in the first few weeks but I cant now.

Was the case for me in my factory unlocked and self unlocked phones (I used to be able quite easily do this with Windows mobile).
Even when a firmware update was applied the lock didn't re-establish itself. Have you go any other non-O2 sims (wifes, friends) you could try?
Only other thing I can think of is that it's had an update that has locked it to O2. If it has give O2 a call and get the unlock code which they should give you for free and just unlock it but this should be a last resort.

Carl.

Try having a look in the settings for how it finds a network (i.e. automatically or manually) , click manual and a list of available networks should come up, pick the one you want and connect to it. Not guaranteeing it will work but worth a shot.

Back