1988/89 Raleigh Chinook

Re: .

raidan73":2k2iw0vj said:
Grannygrinder":2k2iw0vj said:
I'll have you know that in 1989 she was next to the top of the range pipped only by the Avanti :D :D
There is a 1989 catalogue in the archieve ;)

I think the Appalachian and Ozark would've been between the Avanti and the Chinook?

The Chinook was short lived like the Ozark (that was replaced by the Thunder Road) being replaced quite quickly with the Canti F&R'd Cajun. A mate of mine had the Cajun and as I wanted the 531 Team Rep at the time I was quite Jealous as I think I had a Maverick GT at the time.

Carl.

raidan73":3t3p32rb said:
Grannygrinder":3t3p32rb said:
I'll have you know that in 1989 she was next to the top of the range pipped only by the Avanti :D :D

I think the Appalachian and Ozark would've been between the Avanti and the Chinook?

I thought those were 1990 bikes? It might be that there were models available in 1989 that weren't in the catalogue i suppose?

Grannygrinder":3qdok6qo said:
raidan73":3qdok6qo said:
Grannygrinder":3qdok6qo said:

I thought those were 1990 bikes? It might be that there were models available in 1989 that weren't in the catalogue i suppose?

Just checked the catalogue - the scan has cut off the edge of the page so is missing some of the bikes but the full specs are at the bottom. Looking at it brings back that same feeling of excitement that it did all those years ago!

Ah yes, so fourth in the range then :( :LOL:
Would the frames have been the same throughout the range? I notice the forks were different/better on the top 2 models.
The Ozark was the bike i hankered after, a posh kid at school had one which i regularly 'borrowed' from the bike sheds at lunchtime and razzed round the playing fields :LOL: :LOL:

Looking at the catalogue the Avanti has 531 butted tubing throughout but the other three only the main tubes. The Avanti also had different geometry.

Nice..... these old Raleighs may be fairly heavyweight, but they ride like a dream (but I'm biased as I've got both an Ozark and Avanti in the stable!)

have you still got this, i got one identical that im sadly going to have to part with....what did you pay for/sell yours for ?
(regrettable sale as i love this bike but sadly no room )

Latest posts

Back