Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Thanks firedfromthecircus and rupeww.

It's 22". I'm tempted to keep it but I've got eight other saracens and I need some space!

I think I'll put it on for £250, a big loss but I've enjoyed having the bike.

Cheers

stanny":2107pnrr said:
Thanks firedfromthecircus and rupeww.

It's 22". I'm tempted to keep it but I've got eight other saracens and I need some space!

I think I'll put it on for £250, a big loss but I've enjoyed having the bike.

Cheers

Stick it on an auction with a reserve of £200 and you may get quite a bit more if it's seen by the right people.

Just make sure the photos are good and you offer delivery to maximise your chances. Oh, and out it on here too. ;)

A few better pics of my 93 Traverse since I fitted Mag 21's and modern tyres.

Saracen1.jpg

Saracen2.jpg

Saracen3.jpg

Saracen4.jpg

Just adding this for reference purposes.

1991 Saracen Eiger Extreme, as available exclusively from Halfords:

1991_eiger_extreme_192.jpg

My recently finished 1993 Race Elite

PC050190.jpg

PC050185.jpg

1989 Eiger frame & forks are on their way to make it 4 Saracens :D

Can't beleive my bike is retro!

Just found this forum, and I am staggered to think my Saracen Limited Edition is retro - but I guess it is knocking on now. Much like myself. It's black with green Limited Edition stickers, not sure what age exactly but probably early to mid 90's.

I was just trying to find out what the wheel is (without having to trudge down to the bike shed through the snow!) and came across this site. I need a new wheel because the freewheel has failed on mine, and would like to use an original part if possible.

If anyone knows where I can get spares for this bike I'd appreciate any pointers.

OK, dragged it out for a photo shoot, light is going so apologies for quality.

saracen.jpg

From trawling this thread I'm reckoning a 91 or 92 Limited Edition, possibly based on a Safari. It's on all original parts, including the original Ritchie MegaBite gumwall tyres, which look fit to burst. It's been used as a workhorse, on it's last real outing in Cornwall it towed a trailer with our Tibetan Terrier in.

Re:

dw_uk2000":15mrm3ig said:
This should be turning up today, hopefully it will just need a good old clean.

Traverse.jpg

Managed to give the Traverse a good clean, surprised how well the powder coated frame has come up.

56ec819581dc2b7c9b0275997aeae2df.jpg

Back