It's true what they say about Superstar brake pads...

I went round to help Bobcatmax bleed and generally sort his brakes out today, and as they were new to him he bought some pads from Superstar components. With the brakes all sorted we went for a ride and as we went up the first hill it went something like this:

Me:"What pads did you go for?"
BCM:"Superstar"
Me:"Really? I heard they used to be crap and fall apart, there were loads of complaints/refunds/swapouts etc, but I'm sure they've got it sorted now"
BCM:"Errrrm, yeah...."

We get to the top of the hill and start going down the other side. About 3/4 of the way down I hear some sort of yelp from BCM, but carry on going to the gate at the bottom, where it transpires that not only did BCM get chased by a dog that completely ignored me but the nice shiny new pads on the front brake had entirely disappeared, even the retaining pin!

So we went to the pub, then my lbs, and got it all sorted!

So they didn't actually fall apart, they just fell out.

And the retaining pin was missing. :roll:

Maybe putting 2+2 together gives the answer that somebody effed up. :cool:

used them for years, never had any real issues, i had one pair wear fairly quick but it was winter and i got the sticky soft pads. good company imho.

you cant argue with the cost ;)

Yeah, could be someone effed up, my comment did seem to be quite apt though!

There does seem to be two sorts of feeling about superstar pads and that is love and hate! I know of people who have gone through a pair in a ride, others like Longun who have never had a problem - I'll stick to the more expensive ones...

Back